hows canary breeding gone

just wonderd how people have done this year,not done too bad ,had to part with some due to lack of room, only keeping a few pair for next season,spares are in large flight cage at mo all colours cocks and hens ,sold all glosters,still some fifes to go ,only keeping irish fancys for breeding next year.

sounds like ya had a good un,franc,has it his the same cage room for youngsters has breeding stock irish fancy my favourite minature canary.atb bunnys

not done bad mate about 20 fifes to go,just keeping the irish fancys for a change,a bloke i know as packet in so got a few of his irish ,club rings on em so i know what i am starting with age wise next season :thumbs:

I'm or my step son(he's 9 years old) should i say is giving it a go with some irish fancy's for next year,he'll also be trying for a redpoll mule out of them as well.It'll be his first proper year at the birds, he (or we) tried for a siskin/redpoll hybrid this year but the siskin hen i bought for him turned out it couldn't fly :icon_redface: ,they were feeding each other and paired up nicely but no nest building ever took place.

I'm or my step son(he's 9 years old) should i say is giving it a go with some irish fancy's for next year,he'll also be trying for a redpoll mule out of them as well.It'll be his first proper year at the birds, he (or we) tried for a siskin/redpoll hybrid this year but the siskin hen i bought for him turned out it couldn't fly :icon_redface: ,they were feeding each other and paired up nicely but no nest building ever took place.

good luck ,had the cage birds about 40 year on and off,a good interest for the young un,first time for me keeping irish fancy ,will see how they go,all the best to you both.

He's a good un in the making,had is own ferret,nets and locator set up for a few years now and has NEVER moaned about being cold,bored or tierd when he been out with us,as keen a ratter as myself and to be honest a lot less of a pain than most adults i know.I've never pushed him he's just asks when he wants to go or with these birds he wanted to learn so he got some to learn from :thumbs: ,best of luck to yourself as well.

ive dun alrite myself,for me 1st time,goldie mules,greenie mules,5 sets ov canarys,got about 30 birds in tottal,for next yr got a pair ov red factors paird up, pair ov yellow irish fancys,goldie n canary,greenie n canary,siskin n canary,am keeping a goldie mule,n a greenie mule out the ones a bred this yr, av got the goldie cd running 24/7

Just out of interest lads, are the Irish fancy common in Britain? I've bred IF for around 10 years but there 2 a penny over here.

I love them and they're a good singer too.

they are common neil ,but not a breed i kept till this year,got some recently and like em,mine have IFCS rings on and IFI rings so i am thinking there a true example of the breed plus they were from a chap who started life your side the pond :thumbs:

i have an open flight ,2yrs ago i put in 12 zebras they bred like rats i had over 100 this yr a dealer bought the lot for £100 i never bred a canary at all in 2 yrs now ,also all my hens are old so i would be interested in buying a hen or 2 if any are for sale around manchester area ,cheers , ps no mad prices please