going to put my pennys in even though i dont own one.

from what i have heard they are good guns out the box and fantastic once tuned

personally i like them, i think the multishot version would suit hunting best

also with it being lightweight and small is another bonus for hunting purposes

any of the top name air rifles in all calibres are capable of killing out to 45yrds easy if you do your part.

can i ask is it a budget purchase or whats the reason for looking at just bsa?

atb

scott

just if you have thought about any other rifles.

u seem a keen weihrauch owner thought about the hw100? amazing gun i love mine

or aa s410 - (my previous gun) as accurate as the hw but not up to its standard imo.

& plenty others

scott

An HW100 is not as light as an Ultra, I had one and it was a good gun, 45 yard bunnies no problem. However what I could not get on with was the cocking, I am used to a simple bolt mechanism or side lever, it just seemed overly complicated to me. If it had had a bolt a la Scorpion I would have been a lot happier!

Edited by secretagentmole

I was talking about an Ultra Scott, I owned a single shot version, Mrs M has an HW 100 (that lovely side action reminds me so much of my AT44), I sold the Ultra as I found the reloading system to be like doing the Hokey Cokey, Side lever, bolt out, pellet in, bolt in, cock using MMC then fire, why not a nice simple pull back bolt that loads the pellet and cocks it at the same time? Much easier!

I own 3 BSA PCP's,

A tuned R10, Scorpion Se and a Ultra.

The Ultra is my third Ultra and the rifle that my fiancee uses for HFT.

I have to say that the Ultra that we have is as accurate as my heavily tuned r1o is and its straight out the box and not regged.

Filled to between 190 and 200 bar in .177 we get 30 full power shots that the pellet lands where you expect it to everytime in good conditions.

I can shoot vermin (only a brace of magpies so far) as the rifle is only 2 weeks old easily at 52 metres with Lauras Ultra using AA Fields.

The cocking motion is easy to learn and anyone can master it in 15 minutes.

It also has good uses as you can load a pellet while still keeping the rifle safe until you cock it.

Cocking is done as fast as you can cycle any PCP on the market, its the loading the pellet that takes 1 second pri to recocking.

A person that has used the rifle for 15 minutes or more can reload and recock the rifle in under 2 seconds easily.

Si

Edited by zini

I know Si, but after the luxury of the AT44, Super 10 and Daystate I just prefer a single bolt action. Lots of people love these rifles and I had some good kills with my Ultra, just did not like the over complication as I saw it. It has some useful safety features like being able to de-cock the rifle, but Mole prefers single bolt action! Will not say anything bad about it accuracy wise, shot count wise, but I just did not like the MMC bit.