THE GALLOWAY COUNTRY FAIR

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If a few whippets turn up let us know on the day we can put a class on no bother.     Colm

I enjoyed this one last year so will be going up.

Need to remember lads the dog shows there for the game fair, the game fair isnt there for the dog show, I always take a bob or 2 to gamefairs incase anything takes my fancy but I never build my hopes

I had a great time camping beer tent was good crack, the lurcher showing was good but the fair itself could have done with more stalls me thinks with better prices. If they put there prices down theyd sell more instead of trying to sell at high prices and selling nothing.

Oh and Denned the next time my dog is racing yours can mine have a head start please? Its all fun :D

sure nicola---yours can run with the old girl , shes 7 now , be a good race though , lol

• Like 1

Is it just me or is the winner of these shows always a black greyhound type (whistle)............

That big dogs in very good nick mate, the bitch is mine, see plenty other shapes, sizes and crosses winning tho, just what a judge likes on the day we all have our own preferences

• Like 1

i have to be honest the last five shows in scotland that i have been it all the dogs that have won have been black and look alot like greyhounds,but im not having a dig the dogs i seen are in good nick and as u say its up to the judge on the day .i know my dogs are fit and do the job but what can u do :cray: i would like to see more variety at shows because some people will get dishearted and stop showing the dogs.hopefully so mine have a better chance :laugh::tongue2: atb

i have to be honest the last five shows in scotland that i have been it all the dogs that have won have been black and look alot like greyhounds,but im not having a dig the dogs i seen are in good nick and as u say its up to the judge on the day .i know my dogs are fit and do the job but what can u do :cray: i would like to see more variety at shows because some people will get dishearted and stop showing the dogs.hopefully so mine have a better chance :laugh::tongue2: atb

aye cody it is tough , your day will come, 2 good dogs you got , i know the judge , he keeps rough coated deerhound x's, but a sound judge of a dog, as for the black dogs always winning ???, cant comment , but black smooth coated dogs absolutely gleam in the sunshine, where the rough coated ones dont giving an advantage imho to the smooths, it shows off the defining muscles, again just my oppinion----den

Was there both days very busy on the SACS stand my old man says nice to talk to you rakeabout, if you pm me with your criticisms I will make sure your points of view are put forward to the show organizers first year at the new venue so they want as much feedback as possible our next show is at the Upland Longdog and Lurcher show on Sunday 28th August in Durham Celtic Hound has all the details. YIS.

rakeaboot complaining naw surely not :laugh: