Deer ticks and Lyme Disease

I have read on a couple of other sites and in the press that there is a major outbreak of deer ticks this year, and that Lyme Disease is carried by more of them than before. Lyme disease is not fatal but it can have really nasty long-term effects. Even if you are not shooting deer, be careful in deer country.

Ric

I haven't found there to be anymore than normal this year around here,but,I am always careful after getting one on my Bo11ocks.....lol funny but true.

Martin

As a newbie to stalking I noticed the first one on my trousers yesterday on the way back home in the motor and for the rest of the day everytime I felt an itch anywhere I was jumping up and running to the mirror to see whether it was a tick lol! I don't fancy growing a third bollock!

I have read on a couple of other sites and in the press that there is a major outbreak of deer ticks this year, and that Lyme Disease is carried by more of them than before. Lyme disease is not fatal but it can have really nasty long-term effects. Even if you are not shooting deer, be careful in deer country.

Ric

Lymes disease is very serious and can in severe cases lead to death most certainly can lead to heart and brain problems so

prevention and awareness is paramount.

Always carry a tick remover fellas, not just for yourselves but your mutts too.

Second that.

A £5 tick remover is a good investment - don't be tempted to try to remove ticks with your fingers, accidental compression of the tick's abdomen can cause its stomach contents to be squeezed back into the blood stream of its host (being you).

For good advice on all things tick see:

http://www.tickbitepreventionweek.org/index.html