my new NV kit and a few bunnies

HI YA FOLKS

well here goes thanks to steve109 i am have a very nice NV kit to go on the ultra well as steve will tell you i was a little excited to say the least after steve had gone i went over to the manor and the new land to,so after setting up the NV kit i started to have a look around which off the scope is fine but when on the scope i couldnt really see alot hummmm i noticed the ir wasn't that good now i know why so many have a IR LASER on these so after thinking should i give it a rest and go back to the lamp i remembered that a friend of mine davyT63 had sent me a IR filter only very small but a bit of tape i had got a very quick IR filter lol and well here it goes the ranges i stayed at tonight was only 25mtrs as i havent shot the ultra using the yukon before and there was no way i wanted to hurt or injure any animals.

so here is the spec of the yukon nvmt 4 1x24 with a DSA attachment

Yukon NVMT4 Modular Night Vision Optic Gen 1+

The recently released Yukon NVMT 4 is an adaptable, flexible, and competitively priced entry-level Gen 1 (enhanced) optic which combines military-tested design with high performance and one of the best range of features and optional extras available in a night vision optic. Ultra-compact, lightweight, easy to use and comfortable to hold, the new NVMT is unique for a budget night scope in offering a tactile, suregrip plastic bodyshell and, for extra protection/grip, partial rubber armouring. The unit is ergonomically designed with tactile button features for easier manual operation with or without the handsfree headset. The Yukon NVMT 4 features a high performance enhanced, new model Generation 1 intensifier tube which acquires the available infrared spectrum in low light conditions and intensifies the image to the viewer. Where light conditions approach near total darkness, the Yukon NVMT 4 has a built-in short range IR illuminator which can be operated separately from the unit to provide additional infrared spectrum light. Operated without the IR illuminator, the unit is passive and does not emit light; with the IR illuminator on, the unit may emit a low level red glow, visible only from the IR illuminator. The Yukon NVMT 4 comes with an adjustable headset for handsfree operation. It may be worn over either the left or right eye, and flipped up when not in use. With the headset, the unit only weighs around 0.5kg, and it may also be used as a compact pocket scope at a weight of around 0.38kg without headset. Optional accessores for the Yukon NVMT 4 will convert the unit into the following: rifle scope with weaver mount, spotting scope with either 2x or 3x magnification depending on choice of objective lens, digital camera scope. An additional long-range IR illuminator, provided with a mount, is also available separately to increase the viewing distance. The optional accessories are listed below, and are available through our website: Rifle conversion kit (provides an eyepiece and a weaver mount) NVYOA1NX Objective lens for 2x magnification NVYOA2NX Objective lens for 3x magnification NVYOA3NX Additional headmount NVYOA4NX Digital camera adapter NVYOA5NX Long range high-intensity IR Illuminator NVYOA6NX Technical specifications: Image Tube Generation Gen 1+ Magnification 1x Lens Diameter 24mm Resolution 36 lines/mm Field of View 36 Degrees Diopter Adjustment +/- 4 Max Range of Detection 150m IR Illuminator Range 100m Power Supply 3 (CR123A) Tripod Mount 1/4 inch, 2 sockets Dimensions 142x82x60mm Weight 0.38kg (approx 0.5kg with head mount)

and now for the good bit and the results i got after i got used to it these are the rabbits i ended up with 3 in the picture and 1 i left for the fox as it had signs of mixi

right the gun ultra TR 177

DSCN2053.jpgNV kit nvmt 4 1x24 dsa

and now the rabbits

DSCN2057.jpg

and to be very honest i have found that these yukon nvmt 4 are very good and with the right IR laser you would be on with a very good NV kit no doubt in that at all very easy to use quick to attach and worth every penny thank you again steve i am over the moon with it

so if anyone has a IR LASER I COULD BORROW OR SWAP PLEASE LET ME KNOW as i really want to see just have good it can be with the right setup

i hope you all enjoy

all the best

shay