foxes with the .223

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only 4 last night so it looks like we have done the job and can now have a day or 2 off!! Would have taken a 'wannabe dog man or 'digger'' a long time to have cleared these up thats for sure. Now we

Yep these were all 'hand fed' 55grains lead at high velocity I am sure same would work on welsh ones as well. Aint many foxes, regardless of nationality, that appreciate that diet!!   I aint agains

It's all part of the fun :-)  

This started as a topic on fox shooting and has gone to the DOGS cos of where we live what the feck!!!

So called banter between the shooting fraternity and the 'dog boys' will always go on cos we shoot what they see as their given quarry.

To each their own I shoot and ferret to nets had gun dogs but never terriers or lurchers I dont knock those who enjoy that sport. Banter on the other hand is different!

• Like 1

I feel I ought to apologise masmiffy.

My dig at malt was only really because I found his attitude aggressive and if someone seems already halfway wound up, I sometimes succumb to temptation and completethe job.

As it happens, I am welsh on my fathers side and love Wales to bits.

Likewise, I wouldn't decry anyones country sports or pestcontrol activities, as i think we are all under enough fire a it is.

Back to the topic before digressing; I feel that shooting foxes really does come under pest control, rather than sport (an enjoyable activity nonetheless) and therefore, where necessary, they should be shot as much as possible.

Cheers

Duncan.

My dig at malt was only really because I found his attitude aggressive and if someone seems already halfway wound up, I sometimes succumb to temptation and completethe job.

Likewise, I wouldn't decry anyones country sports or pestcontrol activities, as i think we are all under enough fire a it is.

Back to the topic before digressing; I feel that shooting foxes really does come under pest control, rather than sport (an enjoyable activity nonetheless) and therefore, where necessary, they should be shot as much as possible.

Cheers

Duncan.

you just took a massive backwards step there mate. pussy :tongue2:

Cheers

Duncan.

No apolgy needed mate banter on the topic is np when it goes outside that why bother?

At the end of the day the dog boys generally dont like anyone shooting what they regard as 'their' quarry.

They find it hard enough to find stuff to run at the best of times but with us getting numbers of 'pest controlled' foxes it lessen their chances even more so they see it as a threat!

FFS they are gonna go ape when we start on the hares :whistling: :whistling:

Edited by masmiffy

First off, I'm not a dog man. I've been in attendance when more foxes are shot than anything else, and I've seen them dug with terriers, chased by a pack of hounds & caught with lurcher's. My first contribution to the thread was anything but a dig. My second and third were in response to what I thought was a bit of neighbourly banter.

The Duncan: I was in no way 'wound up' by your initial banter and answered in kind. You then replied with a riposte which was clearly aimed at someone who you felt to be was intellectually inferior to yourself..

I don't even know why I'm bothering to explain myself TBH... :doh:

Well we will be off after those reds again next week.

Did get another on Friday when rabbit shooting (took the .223 in case!") making 51 in total.

Saw at least another 4 so they must be roaming in from neighbours.

Oh well its a tough life but someone has to do it.

The Duncan: I was in no way 'wound up' by your initial banter and answered in kind. You then replied with a riposte which was clearly aimed at someone who you felt to be was intellectually inferior to yourself..

In all fairness, my response was down objecting to a bit of name calling. I certainly have a lot more respect for you now we are communicating better. :thumbs:

All the best mate!

Duncan.

PS

This morning, one of my landowners has asked me to hit his foxes hard. They'd been a problem to him during lambing time but he had failed to mention it. He's seen a lot more around lately and wants me to deal with them.

Personally, its not my cup of tea, but I can't shoot only to shoot the prey that suits me. I have to earn my permission I guess.

In all fairness, my response was down objecting to a bit of name calling. I certainly have a lot more respect for you now we are communicating better. :thumbs:

All the best mate!

Duncan.

No worries. I suppose I could have put my point across without resorting to calling you a name in the process. No real offence intended on my part. :cheers::thumbs: