West Sussex Lurchers Club now their banning running? Is this the start of something?

I put something on the other string about this crowd banning bullXs last year. Now I see on their site www.westsussexlurcherclub.co.uk that thay are banning lure coursing for reasons of WELFARE? I don't buy that, we run our dogs all year with no problem and this show is in a good site with no hazzards.

Is this the start of something? More I think about it the more bugged I am that these namby pamby types are hijacking our working dogs and making them into washed and pimped show pieces paraded around wearing rosettes.

I'm getting fed up of being told what is acceptable by these types. I am not suggesting anything but I think its time to dig our heels in and to say NO.

Am I being paranoid or is this going too far?

How can they be a LURCHER club if they dont suport running?

I want to hear what other people think.

J

wankers! should be open to all crosses i not a straight bull cross fan myself but horses for courses you hunt different prey you want different crosses each to there own would be sad not just for us but the dogs in general if we all were told you cannot have that type of breed or this type of cross as far as banning lure coursing well wankers again. be like cruffs down there in a few years can here them over the loud speaker saying to the crowd "this dog used to be a running dog it used to be a hunting dog in years past " :censored: :censored: :censored:

Im glad that the missus doesnt see this forum!!!!!! But mate maybe you are right if you are saying thats the problem? The guy who ran the coursing was solid but I heard hes gone leaving 2 blokes who may as well have had their bollox cut off and a coven of women including the dreaded drakeford woman but thats questionible.

it would explain why that are doing novelty shows???

i aint into lure racing myself but there is no harm in it,these people have been ribbing stuff like this for years makes yah laugh doesnt it like you say they wont stop til everythings ruined :no:

Dont say on the site they are banning it - says there supending it till further notice,

due to the ground being unsutable.

After careful consideration of the ground, its condition and any potential risks arising from it to the participating dogs, the WSLC are suspending the Lure Coursing event until further notice. The decision is based on animal welfare and to ensure that our events can be enjoyed to the full by all those attending and taking part - both people and dogs alike.

• Like 1

Dont say on the site they are banning it - says there supending it till further notice,

due to the ground being unsutable.

After careful consideration of the ground, its condition and any potential risks arising from it to the participating dogs, the WSLC are suspending the Lure Coursing event until further notice. The decision is based on animal welfare and to ensure that our events can be enjoyed to the full by all those attending and taking part - both people and dogs alike.

Thats what i thought i'd read to, :whistling: so why is everyone going on about banning it, (IT'S ONLY f*****g SUSPENDED) :boogy: :boogy: :boogy:

Still not buying it. they had racing last august and there has been enough rain to keep the going OK.

I know i sound paranoid but i do know this show and club and its not as straightforward as it looks.

But actually what the hell if they want to stop terriers, if they want to stop bulls and they want to stop running it is their choice and the option is simple. I go elsewhere

Just sticks in my craw that they are getting away with it and no one challenges them

goo to hear what others tink

Fair enough if the ground is like concrete , but if it is just a cover up to stop the racing then shame on them , no lure racing has been cancelled due to conditions in cornwall / devon this year, at the end of the day my dogs love it , keeps them ticking over until i start lamping.