longest 'line' of lurcher to lurcher bred dogs

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The hairy dogs I have now come from a 'family' (can't really use the word 'line') which has been lurcher to lurcher bred for many years. The first bitch I had from these lurchers sadly died at an earl

Oh dear: someone's got the wrong end of the stick. This was in the days before lurchers were being bred for money, churned out like factory produce. Anne was a very well respected person who ran a she

I remember her saying that Chalkwarren. There is something very personable about them, in general. Of course mine are now a long, long way from the line that Anne bred.........I added Saluki, from a l

Posted Images

i also had a dog bred by anne powers. he was bred out of brian plumbers grip and the mother was out of bridget lines. his little sister was in the lambourne book. he was a smooth brindle and white dog. 26 to the shoulder. he was a excellent hare and lamping dog, and won countless of races through out ireland, he qualified for the uk championship. has anybody got any of this line still going today? this is ben with some of his winnings!

BEN TROPHY

Hes a good age in that pic storm and looks like you had some fun together hes same way bred as the dog in the pic above mate did you never breed anything from him :thumbs:

i bred him with my bitch nora she was a good all round hunter i kept one of the pups and sold the rest. i'll get a pic of flash 2morrow..

I've got a photo somewhere: I'll have to scan it in. It's amazing how he changed in both coat length and colour as he got older. He was a real sandy brindle as a young dog, and later went much rougher coated and almost blue brindle. The dog in this photo (which I bred) is one of his great grandsons, and looks very similar in size and type:

post-5156-0-06211400-1312897397_thumb.jpg

He is the sire to the two fawn bitches in the photo in my previous posts. He doesn't work, but I know the line sufficiently well to have used him over one of my unrelated bitches: the fawns are decent workers. I wouldn't say they are world beaters, but how many really are? They do me well enough: what I like is the instinct they have, the instinct to know how to deal with a variety of game: its gotta be in the genes.

Looks pretty similar to my bitch, different colour (mines more sandy but her bro is very similar in colour) and I think my bitches coat might be a bit thicker/longer

myrtlesrabbits003.jpg

Shes got some well known names in her past but cant remember off the top off my head? have a look when Im home next. Hopefully ive remembered how to post pics?