a late call out, young fox !!

just out of shop sitting and sat into my jeep on the main street when a tap on the window knocked a hop out of me, a local farmers son was stand there, he asked if i would shoot a fox that had take afew chicken from the yard that morning i said no bother i have alok tonite i said , as he told me the story that the fox has being there around for awhile up the back field with no bother at all , the lambs are strong now so he did not worried, he said he chase the fox away with his sheepdog and that he went into a wall along a drain, f**k the gun i said i get the terrier up now if that ok i said ...what ever you want he said ,, :) so off home to loaded up ,

i said i give tina a run, this bitch had a few good digs last season, showed game and abilty, i have high hopes for her,i land into the yard where i was greeted by the farmer, due to the cattle and sheep out i the field we walked up the the holes, i have check this place afew times last season with nothing at home but i did take a big dog fox not to far from this place with the same bitch last year,

as we got to the holes the bitch uped gears pulling hard on the lead as the grass was high you could see all the runs where the fox had being moving about the holes, at one main entance there was feather littered all over ,

i check the collor and drop the bitch, as i stood in he drain the hole was head height i could see the bitch digging to get into a tube to the right , it was tight but she dug on a pushed herself in but it took the best of 10 mins , we stood up quite with lurcher in hand hoping for a quick bolt , but after 30 mins or so still nothing , no barking still just tumping away . this bitch will not open till she nose to nose i knew she was no up fully yet, but this place was always tight, i leave her afew more mins i said to the farmer that was looking at me if to say what the f**k is going on lol ,sounder jnr was getting bored at this time and went messing in the water in the drain , after abit he said she on !!! i listened and could hear her mixing it up, it sounded deep , i got a mark at 1.4 , and down we went, to be ment with stones f**k me i said all the way f*****g stones but we got there as we went down i could here the bitch mixing it up well as i broke in the bitch was jaw to jaw , cleaned around her as the fox teeth were locked to her nose as she laid still her tail was wagging away a nice sign , i grabed the fox by the neck a pull it out with the terrier, it was a good size fox cub thats him the farmer said lol are you sure i said as we laughed , i check over the fox it was a vixen, in good order,

the farmer was happy and said that terrier digging is good crack lol, i was happy with the bitch working well she dug and pushed on when needed and mixed it up well, bring on the season, here afew photo ,

atb sounder

tina

Photo0523.jpg

Photo0521.jpg

Photo0515.jpg

Photo0517.jpg

Photo0513.jpg

Photo0529.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

well done sounder if a farmer says i need help you do it regardless [bANNED TEXT] it is cos if not he will remember it

Fair play fella better than shooting the bugger at night by a million miles

A LATE CALL OUT. IDE SAY ITS A TWO MUCH OF AN EARLY CALL OUT, ITS A EARLY CUB. BIG TEST FOR THE DOG. YES IT HAS TO BE DONE BUT PICTURES OF A CUB.

yes for me it is , no test she had to push hard to get to this young cub that what i liked not sitting in a tube 4 foot away yapp into the dark, job had to be done !!!!as for pic it was to show the size of the cub again not to small but still caused damage,i just notice your avatar your two terrier with blood around nose then you worried about a cub , if you don't like don't look ,

sounder

Fox is a Fox,come Aug. Job to be done,job well done..Hope it may continue for you an the wee help.Is that Breeding in Ayrshire,Not unlike a Dog at 1st Kelvin Valley show.. :thumbs:

P.s. not a Brown Nose'n Post.

Here's an Irish Lassie for you all to enjoy after a good day out, I've spent many an ejoyable day in Camden

[media='']

[/media] Edited by dixiebop