Anyone had good results with phostoxin/tanulex??

For rabbits i find it best to block the holes with old plastic carrier bags filled with soil to seal the holes then backfill over the top.I find this seems to be better than just tuft backfilling.I return after two days to check for digout and re-gas if needed.If it is an open warren i also try to push a probe deep into the center of the warren and drop some tablets in for good results.

i was given a tip by a norfolk lad,,,, although i aint tried it,,,,befor you block the entrances , push wet newspaper down the hole first, , with your pellets close to it... the moister makes the gas go off quiker specialy in summer when its dry.............. also the rabbits spend time trying to dig past the paper, and of course spend more time in the gass pocket

i was given a tip by a norfolk lad,,,, although i aint tried it,,,,befor you block the entrances , push wet newspaper down the hole first, , with your pellets close to it... the moister makes the gas go off quiker specialy in summer when its dry.............. also the rabbits spend time trying to dig past the paper, and of course spend more time in the gass pocket

This method works along with the trusty old squirty water bottle, and of course the blue alkathene pipe.

Forget your rentokill phostoxin applicators too, ive had gas explosions on two seprate occasions within the applicator, thats using it on a damp day (not wet).

The bloody things jam up whilst dispensing tablets and if you get mud within the button mechanism then forget it.

More hassle than they are worth

I have used newspaper,but i find the plastic bags harder to dig through. i am not a believer in using water on dry days,the stuff starts working as soon as it hits the air anyway.what i am going to try is leaving a cheap radio behind set on radio 4 in the hope that the talking will keep the rabbits below ground.