when do you guys start back up ferreting

f**k ferreting all year, there are far far far better and more efficient methods to take the strain during the summer. Apart from some exceptions (i'm looking at you theone) most folk i speak to ferreting in summer for pest control are just doing it to show their faces and managing minimal numbers (due to the variety of obvious factors - rabbits above ground, cover up etc) that don't really make any impact on the rabbit population. What needs doing, needs done though.

I myself will be out with the dog and ferrets September 1st and pretty much every day from then on, despite the fact that the cover is still up and the weather too warm, i'll mainly be hitting the pine forests, where there is very little undergrowth, and visiting new permissions, and then as soon as we get a few good frosts, it'll be in full swing all over the place.

Can't wait.

'Ideation' timestamp='1312726066' post='2182872']

f**k ferreting all year, there are far far far better and more efficient methods to take the strain during the summer. Apart from some exceptions (i'm looking at you theone) most folk i speak to ferreting in summer for pest control are just doing it to show their faces and managing minimal numbers (due to the variety of obvious factors - rabbits above ground, cover up etc) that don't really make any impact on the rabbit population. What needs doing, needs done though.

I myself will be out with the dog and ferrets September 1st and pretty much every day from then on, despite the fact that the cover is still up and the weather too warm, i'll mainly be hitting the pine forests, where there is very little undergrowth, and visiting new permissions, and then as soon as we get a few good frosts, it'll be in full swing all over the place.

Can't wait.

The Sherriffs back in town :boogy: Where you been ?. theres a guy after a few ferrets from you :laugh: :laugh: :whistling:

Can't wait.

Can't wait.

Theone - what's with this new site? It's f****d up, i posted that a bunch of times.

I have been in your fine country mate, on the Isle of Rona, off Skye for a week and a bit.

I am back now. . . . . who wants ferrets????

Did i miss much?

We get the message your back ,you dont need to tell us three times . Top of the page but i see your on the case .

That wasn't you bringing some of your eu poleys ,angoras and B.E.W.s up to export them ??? :laugh:

• 1 month later...