Hi all,

I'm in the process of buying my first shotgun and I have been stuck for choice. I was originally going for a semi auto but then decidedd that and over and under would be more appropriate as a choice.

I wanted one that would keep it's value and not fall apart at the first shot so I thought beretta would be the make for me.

I saw a beretta 686 special at my local gun shop and it felt perfect. It's going for £800.

As I am inexperienced in this field and wanted to know if this is a good shotgun and if for that price there are better over and understand out there?

The price is for the second hand one.

Thanks for your help

Tab

Alex

I tend to work on the theory that if you are pointing it in the right place you will hit stuff.........personally, I wouldnt get to hung up on the technical stuff, point it there or there abouts and stuff will come down.

I have 686E and think it is great. I don't think you can go far wrong buying a beretta or browning really and they tend to hold their value really well so if you don't like it after a few months it is still likely you could get exactly what you paid for it so you have nothing to lose really.

Edited by dave1372