Very good, my old shepherd had a bad habit of trying to clear jump the 6ft scale, took a bit of training to get him to scale, rather than jump it, he also clear five bared gates and could manage a 15ft long jump, looked very impressive until compared to one of my lurchers :11:

We use the platform and ramp for high scales (anything over 6 foot) as the impact on landing can be damaging for the dog. I have seen some dogs doing very long long jumps again it is best done in moderation due to the impact. I have seen the dogs jumping from a ramp into water which lessens the impact. We do lots of agility here and have a large k9 assault course as well more pics to follow!!

My bitch has competed at all sorts of dog sports over the years, the long jump into water or "dash and splash/ dock dogs" being her best. Her personal best jump was 26.5 ft . . . pretty bloody amazing, the world record was held by a greyhound at 31ft!

Interesting that her long jump best on land is 17ft, yet my tiny 21" beddy whippet can pop 15.5ft no bother. she stands at 26" and is a longer bodied dog than the lurcher, i think the collie drive is what makes her so good, she simply will not believe she can't do it! lol