I might be wrong but if you just turn off gps, it should stop geotagging, which is the attaching of longitude and latitude coordinates to any photos. Most phone or cameras that have this facility, you actually have to turn this on manually if you want location details added to it. This sounds typical of Apples way in which they collect users info without them realising it.

Here one you might not know tho_ a Phone can be tracked by telephone companies and other agencies, even if it is turned off, providing the battery is still on the phone, and has some charge left!

On your home screen after you have unlocked your iPhone or similar device, go on to 'settings'

When on settings then click 'general'

You will then see a tab that is called' location services' click this and make sure it is off

Then a bit down from the 'location services' there will be another tab called 'restrictions' click on this and make sure that 'location' is switched off

You might have to enable restrictions to turn 'location' off

All the best, stay safe

what other fones does this concern????

mine aint an iphone, but i do use the wifi an mobile tinternet on mine :icon_redface:

its actually a cybershot..... its a brick, but it takes good pics.... does this have the feature?????

DottyDoo I am fairly sure that the Cybershot does not have this dangerous feature so you will be okay. But browse through your settings and look for any location features just to be 100% sure.

All the best

:thumbs:

how do you no they take dogs mate

Im not saying it's the antis that are taking dogs but there are people that take dogs I see posts on this forum all the time about dogs getting taken. So by providing this information it helps people protect not only themselves but there dogs too.

All the best

On a similar note all photo's which have been took from a digital camera carry a whole lot of information.

Date taken & what type of camera used are two off the top of my head. All evidence which adds up.

Simple solution is to never take a photo by phone or camera,if it may incriminate your good self or another person.

These new mobile phones are a wee bit like your dna in that they hold pretty much everything to do with your history. The good thing is the expense it takes to dig deep into your computer,mobile,camera etc. That expense is only spent by the police when the crime is a serious one.

What the SOU do is hold your stuff in their wee office & go through it. Don't think the police hold it !! Any texts or missed phone calls are read,then deleted to cover their tracks. Any evidence found,then it is time for the police to take credit.

As always,don't do anything which may be illegal in the country you live in.........................

On a similar note all photo's which have been took from a digital camera carry a whole lot of information.

Date taken & what type of camera used are two off the top of my head. All evidence which adds up.

Simple solution is to never take a photo by phone or camera,if it may incriminate your good self or another person.

These new mobile phones are a wee bit like your dna in that they hold pretty much everything to do with your history. The good thing is the expense it takes to dig deep into your computer,mobile,camera etc. That expense is only spent by the police when the crime is a serious one.

What the SOU do is hold your stuff in their wee office & go through it. Don't think the police hold it !! Any texts or missed phone calls are read,then deleted to cover their tracks. Any evidence found,then it is time for the police to take credit.

As always,don't do anything which may be illegal in the country you live in.........................

That's right mate

All the best