tyson fury british champion yes like winning the aba s not very hard

You have said some silly things,but thats probably the silliest.

In this country we have a proud tradition in amateur boxing....my father was lucky enough to win an aba title,3 years later he won a British Title and was one of the best prospects in Britain of the time.

He always maintained the biggest achievement of his career was winning the aba title ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To give the kid Fury his dues he,s better than i thought.....certainly not a tidy or technically good boxer and doesnt punch his weight.......but seems to be a kid with limited talent and ability but

there will always be the keyboard warriors hiding behind user names slagging of people like tyson .malicious jealousy most of it is .let me tell you a few things about tyson hes only just 21yrs old he

Well i think TF silenced a few critics there

tyson fury british champion yes like winning the aba s not very hard

You have said some silly things,but thats probably the silliest.

In this country we have a proud tradition in amateur boxing....my father was lucky enough to win an aba title,3 years later he won a British Title and was one of the best prospects in Britain of the time.

He always maintained the biggest achievement of his career was winning the aba title ;)

and ill bet he fought a couple of bouts in the same day :notworthy:

aba s at his weight ?? are you a ideot you box nobodys at that weight just dummys that think they can win it ,the amatuer game is f****d anyways ,mma and unlicensed is taking over ,so it just shows what you no and yes i have boxed and my mate beat that bellew in tha abas so i no whats out there at that weight and the competition isnt difficult if im honest they isnt many good lads heavyweight amatuer or pro at this moment and i hope tyson fury does read this and take note from whats being said he needs a new coach and to stop show boating and they maybe some light at the end of the the tunnel ,allthough he will never be world class material

say what you want but i personally think he will go nowhere and ,freddy roach would say that as kahns paying his wages hed never be the man manny is his ever ,top and bottom of it is i have seen woman put up a better fight on a friday night in the town ,hes not busy enough for me and his defence is poor to , he might be a young kid in your eyes but when he gets in the ring showboating thinking hes class it doesnt go down well he needs a good trainer and to shape up and fight boxers not puddings

Your just being silly mate....Freddie Roach doesnt NEED Amir Khan.....Amire Khan needs him !

Women putting up a better fight than a world champion boxer :blink:

Think he will go nowhere :blink: He,s British Champion so is already somewhere !!

If your comparing these young lads to all time ring greats then fair enough.....but sometimes you just gotta keep it realistic......Khan is at the very highest level of his sport,and Fury is on his way there....what more do you want.

tyson fury british champion yes like winning the aba s not very hard when nobody in that division worth fighting ,and the fighting in the town was a regarding fury ,and i never said kahn didnt need roach ,i said he would say kahns better at that age because hes paid to say all that crap ,pre fight bollocks if you get me , i for one minute dont think fury will go anywhere else and with the heavyweight division today its like a paper belt not worth fighting for

how many times you won the A.B.A's?

So basically no matter what Fury does he will never prove anything?

that was the best British Heavyweight fight i've seen in a while btw.

i think he will go nowhere and the best heavyweight fight seen in a while was we watching the same fight ???? he is the worst audrey and him need to retire they will go nowhere end of topic

You boxed,and your friend beat an English prospect....

Well why didnt you say.....none of us could possibly understand the game as much as somebody of your calibre ......hats off to you im sure we could all learn from your obvious knowledge and experience. :whistling:

ta ta champ.

Edited by gnasher16

22 years of age and champion of his own country and the commonwealth :victory: what more could anybody ask of the lad :wallbash: sure there is room for improvement and sure the heavyweight scene aint what it used to be (but that always gets said no matter who is the champ)but he can only fight whats put in front of him.

Agree with what some say he definately needs a more professional team behind him, but I suspect that he wont be short of offers, Im honestly suprised at peoples attitude towards Tyson's efforts, surely a great white hope was what we all wanted even more so if he english :thumbs:

To compare him to lads who last graced the ring a decade ago is wrong, make the comparrison once his career is done, at 22 he should improve drasticaly with the right people behind him,best of luck to the lad I say :gunsmilie:

say what you want but i personally think he will go nowhere and ,freddy roach would say that as kahns paying his wages hed never be the man manny is his ever ,top and bottom of it is i have seen woman put up a better fight on a friday night in the town ,hes not busy enough for me and his defence is poor to , he might be a young kid in your eyes but when he gets in the ring showboating thinking hes class it doesnt go down well he needs a good trainer and to shape up and fight boxers not puddings

Your just being silly mate....Freddie Roach doesnt NEED Amir Khan.....Amire Khan needs him !

Think he will go nowhere :blink: He,s British Champion so is already somewhere !!

If your comparing these young lads to all time ring greats then fair enough.....but sometimes you just gotta keep it realistic......Khan is at the very highest level of his sport,and Fury is on his way there....what more do you want.

tyson fury british champion yes like winning the aba s not very hard when nobody in that division worth fighting ,and the fighting in the town was a regarding fury ,and i never said kahn didnt need roach ,i said he would say kahns better at that age because hes paid to say all that crap ,pre fight bollocks if you get me , i for one minute dont think fury will go anywhere else and with the heavyweight division today its like a paper belt not worth fighting for

i think he will go nowhere and the best heavyweight fight seen in a while was we watching the same fight ???? he is the worst audrey and him need to retire they will go nowhere end of topic

getting a bit hot for you, you still have not answerd the qestion on your comment on the ABA'S , oh and you boxed how many bouts , what was your record , fury has a lot to learn boxing is a cruel sport there is no place to hide in the ring as many have found out , but boxing is still a noble art to enter the ring and fight has respect to disrepect the ABA TITLE AND THE BRITISH TITLE

SHOWS A LACK OF RESPECT IVE NEVER MET A BOXER WHO HAD DISRESPECT FOR EITHER ,

Edited by gonetoearth

aba s at his weight ?? are you a ideot you box nobodys at that weight just dummys that think they can win it ,the amatuer game is f****d anyways ,mma and unlicensed is taking over ,so it just shows what you no and yes i have boxed and my mate beat that bellew in tha abas so i no whats out there at that weight and the competition isnt difficult if im honest they isnt many good lads heavyweight amatuer or pro at this moment and i hope tyson fury does read this and take note from whats being said he needs a new coach and to stop show boating and they maybe some light at the end of the the tunnel ,allthough he will never be world class material

your mate danny price , bellew won three ABA TITLES ;)

hey reavo maybe its you that tyson needs to straighten him out .maybe you could take on a few sparring sessions with him and show him the error of his ways .( between me and you it can be arranged as long as you promise hughie that youll take it easy on him :toast: :toast: )

To give the kid Fury his dues he,s better than i thought.....certainly not a tidy or technically good boxer and doesnt punch his weight.......but seems to be a kid with limited talent and ability but willing to make up for it with pure effort and determination....and i admire that.

He has a good attitude to the game,can take a decent shot and has a decent engine......at his age,and the sheer awkwardness of him sizewise with a good trainer who knows how far he might go.....In todays times a heavyweight just doesnt need to be an accomplished technically gifted fighter...... Fury needs to cut the nonsense out but best of luck to him that was a good win at this stage of his career.

Just trying to keep me peepers open for the Khan fight now :D

FAIR POINTS GNASHER ,

PERSONALLY IF I WAS HUGHIE I WOULD TRY AND TAKE HIM BACK TO BASICS , TO IMPROVE HIS FIRE POWER , HE ISNT STEPPING IN WITH THE PUNCHES OR PUSHING UP FROM THE FLOOR THROUGH HIS HIPS .... JUST ARM BLOWS , AFTER SAYING ALL THAT A FIGHTER WITH A SIMILAR PUNCHING TECHNIQUE DID VERY WELL IN THE GAME .... JOE BUGNER .....

FURY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLANTING UPPER CUTS ON THE WAY IN FOLLOWED BY A STRAIGHT PUNCH ..... IMO ....

AND I AGREE , HE REALLY NEEDS TO CUT THE COCKEY TRAVELLER CRAP OUT ..... HES IN DANGER OF BECOMING A LEGEND IN HIS OWN MIND ........I DONT THINK HIS UNCLE HUGHIE WAS BEST PLEASED :laugh:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

FAIR POINTS GNASHER ,

PERSONALLY IF I WAS HUGHIE I WOULD TRY AND TAKE HIM BACK TO BASICS , TO IMPROVE HIS FIRE POWER , HE ISNT STEPPING IN WITH THE PUNCHES OR PUSHING UP FROM THE FLOOR THROUGH HIS HIPS .... JUST ARM BLOWS , AFTER SAYING ALL THAT A FIGHTER WITH A SIMILAR PUNCHING TECHNIQUE DID VERY WELL IN THE GAME .... JOE BUGNER .....

FURY SHOULD HAVE BEEN PLANTING UPPER CUTS ON THE WAY IN FOLLOWED BY A STRAIGHT PUNCH ..... IMO ....

AND I AGREE , HE REALLY NEEDS TO CUT THE COCKEY TRAVELLER CRAP OUT ..... HES IN DANGER OF BECOMING A LEGEND IN HIS OWN MIND ........I DONT THINK HIS UNCLE HUGHIE WAS BEST PLEASED :laugh:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Without getting too in depth....its much easier to generate power when punching upwards than it is punching downwards !!

Punching downwards is just an arm punch.....punching upwards you generate much more power through your legs and hips,look at Mike Tyson as an example......very few extremely tall fighters are hard or explosive punchers,and Fury will more than likely never be either,for that reason.......that doesnt mean he cant have a good career it just means he must play to his strengths.....I used to spar regularly with a fella named Funso Banjo who was a decent domestic level fighter,im a touch under 6 foot but at around 6 foot 6 it was such hard work trying to get around his jab you would end up taking silly risks to get inside,then because of his sheer size he didnt need to catch you flush to hurt you.......At Furys size power wont be an issue just simple technical ability in my opinion,but then im no boxing trainer :D ..... id like to see him go with one of the good young trainers around now maybe Brendan Ingles boy or Joe Gallagher or someone.Obviously if he could of got Manny Steward on a regular basis then great but i dont know how that worked out.

Good luck to the kid i say,hopefully he will listen,concentrate,work hard and push as far as his capabilities can take him.

Edited by gnasher16

your mate danny price , bellew won three ABA TITLES ;)

danny would beat bellew any days that is a fact hes turned pro now so maybe see again one day eh