first rifle in ages

So as the title suggests i aint had a rifle in ages and has some ppl on here know ive been saveing to get something decent. So went down the local gun shop tonight with £600 in my pocket and after a deal :). ive been aiming at getting a cracking deal but ya need the cash to barter :icon_redface: So i asked to see the 97kt synthetic (been aiming for this rifle for a bit) Got the guy down to £330 for it so as far as im aware done deal. WRONG!! :wallbash: In fact when i dry test fired it there was a crunch from the trigger that didnt sound good and left the shop keeper looking sheepish. i handed it to him and he tryed to refire it. nothing :blink: So i declared the deals off! Now im one of those ppl that believe that if something like this goes wrong dont touch it! this is not an insult to hw97kt or hw97kt owners before a brawl starts for the record!! :thumbs:

So back to the story. Feeling a bit disheartend we headed for the door. untill hannah (my mrs) saved the day. she was looking at the second hand rack while all this was happening and she says "what about this one". To my surprise she had hold of a tx200 mk3 HC .22 with a price tag swinging saying £220 :o it has a hawk scope and a walnut stock. so trying not to burst out luaghing i head to the counter with it. Guy says "Oh good choice. its £320 and was traded in this morning after a lad owned it for 2 days and didnt like it". ill take it i repleyed but ya can shove that price and check the tag :feck: So the fella trys saying its a mistake. I repley "ye your mistake mate" and threw £220 on the counter. :D So in short im the new owner of a TX200 HC .22 walnut model and very proud :gunsmilie: and all thanks to the mrs :toast:

Nice going, he did not have to let you have it at that price (as far as the law goes), but you stood your ground and got a cracking deal, treat your mrs to something nice, like a rangefinder...

mrs may send me gay withe the rangefinder becuase of where shed shove it! :icon_redface:

but think im gonna threat her today with the money saved :D

Hi Chris,

Surprised the HW 97 KT Didn't make the Grade their normally built like Tanks, But the Air arms HC is a Good un Also, Use to Own a MK 2 HC.thumbs.gif

Get some Photo's up Bud of your MK 3, would like to see the difference from my old MK 2.

cheers Daz.diablo.gif

• Like 1

Well done on the permission, always good to get out legally, bit of advice, phone the police, tell them when you are going, that way should a rampant rabbit lover take exception and phone the police, they will have the fact you are legally hunting there recorded. Saved my bacon recently that has! All you do is ring up the control room, tell them when you are going and where you are going! Note the reference number, they like being told and do not bother you if someone reports someone waving a gun round in a field behind their house!

• Like 1