Its all about shot placement

I found this today when researching .25 calibre air rifles.

Wether you agree with what the man is shooting with his air rifle or not, this clip is a perfect demo of it all being about correct shot placement.

Just before the storm comes my way, Im not saying i agree either, just that the correct palcement probably made all the difference.

Si.

Yeah I would think maybe 30 to 45 ft / lbs mate.

I know someone that as shot deer and fox with a .22 air rifle using bullet heads ammo and 90 ft / lbs killing them like they were rabbits. The rifle was a Ripley.

Not condoning it though just saying.

Si.

Yep 75 ft / lbs is some serious power mate.

When I used to have my custom FAC Stealth it could do 11.5, 24 and 54 ft / lbs.

I used to go shooting with Gary (Festa) with it and mainly used 11.5 for the bunnies. It was still ok out to 55 metres no problems on windless days.

On occasions I used it at 24 ft / lbs and it would take rabbits at 60 metres plus easily, in fact go straight through them sometimes.

On one occasion we zeroed it at 54 ft / lbs in my 50 metre indoor range and at 50 metres it was knocking parts of the brick work and plaster out the wall each impact with 21 grain ammo.

Never used it to hunt with though, it was just a test indoors.

Si.

Yep 75 ft / lbs is some serious power mate.

When I used to have my custom FAC Stealth it could do 11.5, 24 and 54 ft / lbs.

I used to go shooting with Gary (Festa) with it and mainly used 11.5 for the bunnies. It was still ok out to 55 metres no problems on windless days.

On occasions I used it at 24 ft / lbs and it would take rabbits at 60 metres plus easily, in fact go straight through them sometimes.

On one occasion we zeroed it at 54 ft / lbs in my 50 metre indoor range and at 50 metres it was knocking parts of the brick work and plaster out the wall each impact with 21 grain ammo.

Never used it to hunt with though, it was just a test indoors.

Si.

lol i remember that polly filler and black paint lol

atb gary

LOL Gary, yeah I forgot about that mate :thumbs:

The Stealth made such a lot of damage of the wall along with the other rifles that i had to poly filler the wall then spray it black so my boss didnt get to see the damage :doh:

Si

To be fair, that pig was pretty small. I wouldn't want to see anyone try that with a full grown wild boar, though the same shot placement should still give a good kill, as long as you have enough penetration to get through the hide and fat layer.

I use the .22LR with subs to dispatch all sorts of farm animals, from sheep to half grown wild boar. I wouldn't want to try it with one of the big boar though, the .243 would get an outing then!

As said, shot placement is the thing. Micky, you can have all the power in the world, but there's no such thing as a guaranteed kill unless you can place that power where it can do the damage!