carrying dogs

Feck knows never understood it had this debate many a time theyre only little cant work far that was uttered about a terrier ROFL.Although Andy slags me for carrying the pups too much i dont really just dont want them to over do it and hurt themselves with them being so young

I've carried my pups around - my first lurcher rode in the nappy bag on the bag of my double pram :laugh: The terrier I've got now went round in a canvas bag slug across my front. Only till they were old enough for their jabs so they could walk, mind. I didn't half get some funny looks trooping up the road with a 26" lurcher, a 22" whippet, three kids, and a puppy in a bag :laugh: I carry them around when they're young to get them used to the sights and sounds of life - people, traffic, other dogs, etc. I find it makes them more steady. The terrier's 11 weeks now and he walks where I walk. I put him down and leave it up to him to find his way along. I've tempered my walks slightly because of his age but this last week he's had to sink or swim (and swim he did, when he fell in a pond).

But folks who carry them around in bags like accessories and never let them live like dogs should be banned from having them in the first place.

Cant be good for these dogs being carried round in a handbag all the time or whatever.We seen them at the vets and they have nothing no muscle tone at all its not nice to see on a dog in my opinion.I dont carry the pup all the time just pick them up to give them a break as our walks are pretty long and its too much for a pup and pups dont always let you know theyre tired.Little donut would go all day if you let her i dont put them in a bag either just carry them under my arm sort of a thing.Andy thinks im just being soft lol especially when i cringe at them playing with the bigger dogs they can more than handle it Storms not that impressed he just runs out the way cos he knows he can Flint bless her puts up with it all.We have a neighbour with a chihauha whos carried in a special bag all the time and it looks terrified lol doesnt look happy at all

Their dogs are better looked after than half of the poor dogs read about on here!!!!!!

:laugh: You're telling on yourself. I bet you have a fluffy pink one. :thumbs: I did carry mine in bags as pups before injections and they aren't nearly as jumpy as other lurchers I've seen.

Their dogs are better looked after than half of the poor dogs read about on here!!!!!!

:laugh: You're telling on yourself. I bet you have a fluffy pink one. :thumbs: I did carry mine in bags as pups before injections and they aren't nearly as jumpy as other lurchers I've seen.

:laugh: Nope, but my son and his girlfriend have two pomeranians, both are spoilt rotten and are looked after and loved to the extreme :laugh: but it doesn't make them bad owners or need their dogs pts :blink: as i said, most of these little handbag dogs have a great life and live to a ripe old age.......and when they bring the poms to my house my terriers and lurchers dont even bat an eyelid (they know better as one of the poms would put em in their place) :laugh::laugh:

:laugh: Nope, but my son and his girlfriend have two pomeranians, both are spoilt rotten and are looked after and loved to the extreme :laugh: but it doesn't make them bad owners or need their dogs pts :blink: as i said, most of these little handbag dogs have a great life and live to a ripe old age.......and when they bring the poms to my house my terriers and lurchers dont even bat an eyelid (they know better as one of the poms would put em in their place) :laugh::laugh:

I hate poms :laugh: Few years ago me and a mate ran a bitework course in Suffolk and stayed at one of the clients houses, a huge rural house surrounded by manicured lawns and gardens, the two German Shepherds had tiled kennels with under floor heating, with water supplied via a stop cock in stainless steel bowls and heated sleeping area. Wow thinks I but had a surprise when we walked into the house, she had 6 poms in the house and they hadn't heard the word "housetraining". These horrible shit houses did there business where ever they liked and i had to fake Delhi belly as there was no way i was eating or drinking in that shit hole :laugh: :laugh: Yes i know i could blame the owner but its so much easier to hate a yappy waste of organs than a really hot rich 30 something woman :laugh: :laugh: