Got chance to buy a canon eos 400d they want 120 Quid for it, it comes with a standard lense and a couple of 1gig memory cards and a carrying case plus battery charger and all the instructions

Just wondering if any one has had one and what they thought to it and is the price about right

Any advise welcome

cheers

Got one in the cupboard mate, bought it my lad so he could give me a hand at shows. There a very good camera but the standard lense lets them down a little as your very limited with the 18-55mm. Having said that you can pick up 70-300 lenses at a reasonable price on fleabay. For £120 i'd snap his hand off, a word of advice though just give it a try first anc check the memory card door as they are quite weak on them.

Got one in the cupboard mate, bought it my lad so he could give me a hand at shows. There a very good camera but the standard lense lets them down a little as your very limited with the 18-55mm. Having said that you can pick up 70-300 lenses at a reasonable price on fleabay. For £120 i'd snap his hand off, a word of advice though just give it a try first anc check the memory card door as they are quite weak on them.

Thanks for that its a family friend who has upgraded so i can try it first with no problem

Edited by DEADHORSEANDDONKEYDEALER

Your not that far from me mate, i'm just south of Doncaster. Give me a shout when you've got it and pop down for the day. I'll talk you through all the settings etc and i'll put a couple of the pro lenses i have on your camera to show your the difference.

Your not that far from me mate, i'm just south of Doncaster. Give me a shout when you've got it and pop down for the day. I'll talk you through all the settings etc and i'll put a couple of the pro lenses i have on your camera to show your the difference.

Will take you up on that thanks a lot

Will take you up on that thanks a lot

Your more than welcome mate, just drop me a pm and we'll sort a day out. Its far easier to understand when someone actually shows you rather than reading through the manuals.