Cabela's Shooting Store

Been looking at hunting shop from the US called Cabela's and just wondering if anyones bought anything from them? If so is the clothing any good? and do you get hit with a big bill for shipping and tax or not?

cheers

Hi Rhoderick, yes Ive bought from them many times, even visited there stores in Kansas and chicago, there as big as a b&q, the gear is brilliant made for the real hunters like the yanks getting into the hills for days in all extremes. ive bought there own brand gear scentlock and numerous items always read the reviews and never gone wrong, you do get hit by the taxes but seriously by the time youve got it home its worth it, still cheaper than the equivalents here, anyway have a dabble what you got to lose a few quid if your not 100% happy, Ive never been dissapointed.

G.

Been looking at hunting shop from the US called Cabela's and just wondering if anyones bought anything from them? If so is the clothing any good? and do you get hit with a big bill for shipping and tax or not?

cheers

Hi Rhoderick, yes Ive bought from them many times, even visited there stores in Kansas and chicago, there as big as a b&q, the gear is brilliant made for the real hunters like the yanks getting into the hills for days in all extremes. ive bought there own brand gear scentlock and numerous items always read the reviews and never gone wrong, you do get hit by the taxes but seriously by the time youve got it home its worth it, still cheaper than the equivalents here, anyway have a dabble what you got to lose a few quid if your not 100% happy, Ive never been dissapointed.

G.

very good gear,i think you can chose to pay the tax or risk the uk customs opening it,when you order.ive had boots from them and very pleased.

cheers

G.

very good gear,i think you can chose to pay the tax or risk the uk customs opening it,when you order.ive had boots from them and very pleased.

I've bought shirts and jeans from them: never paid any import tax: top quality gear. The boots I got from them I did have to pay import tax though. I guess it depends on the value of the item.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had several things from knives to gloves to jackets to boots over the years and think it's just luck of the draw whether you get hit for duty, although probably a bit more likely in the last couple of years.

"Shipping" adds quite bit to the total, but I can't fault their customer service - I ordered a pair of Irish Setter/Redwing boots by surface mail on-line, forgot to add a pair of gloves and emailed them asking if they could be added? "Nope, but she would send me a pair airmail for no shipping charge" And then the boots turned up by airmail too!

That's me... good kit but the shipping fees can be a bit daunting tho'.. if you're buying boots, check the manufacturers size charts rather than the Cabelas chart.

atb

FBW

Sometimes,get charged tax,but you if you got someone stateside get them to send as a gift(wrapped as such) more than likely avoid import Tax,or If someones visiting bring back as luggage still save ££££..Walmart prob got just as much as shooting shops here an alot chearer even wih tax. I got alot when he £ was good against the $.And all going strong,better quality I.M.O.even kitted out my old pal boots & bibs Jkt for his 60th birthday,his Barbour was getting a bit Rife :icon_redface::D