BUYING SECOND HAND AIRGUNS

I would like to know if anyone else on here has had a bad experience when buying second hand airguns off other members on this site.The reason i am interested is i have just spent 2 hours driving around to see 2 different guns ,both BSA ,which were described as mint /the other excelent,only to find out they were nothing at all as described.The BSA spring gun was pitted with rust covering majority of visible metalwork/stock was dented in numerous places and several scratches.The other gun was a pcp which also had pittting on the barrel and isssue with bottle date test.I count myself lucky i was living close enough to view them,albeit a waste of time and petrol .If i had seen these adverts and had bought them using delivery method i would have been gutted, and been unable to do anything about it.So just a word of warning be careful if you are thinking of buying off here if you have to get it delivered,and you do not know seller personally .Thanks.

The other thing to remember is by dealing face to face you are not going to get ripped off by a scammer and a non existant gun! That is more gutting than getting a gun that is not as described.

Would you buy a secondhand car without seeing it? Not many people would, yet time and time again people are ripped off, lied to, when they have handed over sometimes considerable amounts of cash merely relying on a sellers word...

I would like to know if anyone else on here has had a bad experience when buying second hand airguns off other members on this site.The reason i am interested is i have just spent 2 hours driving around to see 2 different guns ,both BSA ,which were described as mint /the other excelent,only to find out they were nothing at all as described.The BSA spring gun was pitted with rust covering majority of visible metalwork/stock was dented in numerous places and several scratches.The other gun was a pcp which also had pittting on the barrel and isssue with bottle date test.I count myself lucky i was living close enough to view them,albeit a waste of time and petrol .If i had seen these adverts and had bought them using delivery method i would have been gutted, and been unable to do anything about it.So just a word of warning be careful if you are thinking of buying off here if you have to get it delivered,and you do not know seller personally .Thanks.

hi there i sell alot of guns on here and havent had a complaint yet if theres one your looking for pm me got a lovely bsa r10 in at the moment if im selling to post for someone i send them about 30 pics and when it gets there they have a week to send it back for a refund thats never happend yet as i dont sell rubish anyway good luck and if theres anything i can do pm me

ide tell them to send me some pics on todays newspaper. showing the date. that way theres no chance of traveling for a piece of crap!!

pics were sent of lightning but they were blurry.the boy who had it for a year had never oiled it .good idea of paper with date thou.cheers.

ide tell them to send me some pics on todays newspaper. showing the date. that way theres no chance of traveling for a piece of crap!!

pics were sent of lightning but they were blurry.the boy who had it for a year had never oiled it .good idea of paper with date thou.cheers.

its a trick i learnd when dealing in motercycles!

should have told the guy to send decent pics or no deal. he would comply with this if he was series :)

its a trick i learnd when dealing in motercycles!

should have told the guy to send decent pics or no deal. he would comply with this if he was series :)

good tip should be pinned on here along with information on how to clean and maintain guns so they do not rust.people think they should only clean them when they get wet.

ive recently bought a precharge rifle. ive never met the owner. it was a swap. we both sent stuff that was as advertised neither of us new each other. both of us where happy with our goods. i'd recomend dogs bollocks. as fair and honest :thumbs: