removing meat

lol i would hate to eat the same thing day in day out BUT I AM HUMAN NOT A DOG ...... how does to much protein affect a dogs running mate ............

when a dogs body breaks down protein it creats high acid levels to break down the protein for the dogs system this amio acid is also needed by a runnning dog to repair tussie damage during a course so if a dog is eating to much meat he wasting this trying to break down excess meat in the body a sign of this is froting after a run early season

the acid in the gut used to break down the dogs food is a different type of acid than amino acid .... amino acid comes from protein which in turn comes from meat ... now i am not going to get all technical and use big words with you as it is plainly obvious you dont understand what you are talking about ... lets put it simply ... dogs need protein to maintain a healthy body ... ie bone muscle tendon etc etc etc ... the best form of protein is meat ... so by removing meat from the diet you are removing everything the dog NEEDS to stay in top shape ............

well that me told :laugh: meat best form of protein what about( fish chicken )i think your up set but its good to hear what other know because that how we learn thanking you :D

Edited by deerhound working

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

f*****g Hell......... :blink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl::clapper:

heared of cutting red meat out cos its filled with protein when they aint been worked but fish and chicken is good when they aint working non fating would hate to be your dog deerhound working sure u shouldnt keep squires

That nearly cost me a mouth full of Guinness and a new key board! :laugh:

I was always led to believe that a carnivore (dog!) simply excreted the protein it didn't need. As for 'froting': do you mean FROTHING? And do you mean that white salivery gunky stuff they retch up after running hard for the first time? IMO it is purely a sign of a somewhat unfit dog coughing up phlegm etc. (I'm sure Socks will correct me if I'm wrong!)

If the dog is conditioned properly i.e. got into running condition over a sensible period of time with slow and steady work and fast work interspersed then it does not do this. My dogs have never done this as they get enough free running prior to being worked hard. Road walking is hardly likely to be enough on its own to achieve the level of fitness needed for running hares or a hard night's lamping.

Edited by skycat

Might not be relevant to this thread...but the absolute number 1 source of protein is the humble EGG..followed closely by milk....

Away from dairy...chicken/turkey....dont forget though...too much protein will do as much harm as not enough....and can simply result in very expensive piss and shit !

Might not be relevant to this thread...but the absolute number 1 source of protein is the humble EGG..followed closely by milk....

Gnasher, that's egg white only though isn't it rather than whole egg?

Have you got the stats on milk as that surprises me?

Gnasher, that's egg white only though isn't it rather than whole egg?

Have you got the stats on milk as that surprises me?

thats right mate...yolks are too rich in big quantities....havent got the stats to hand but whey protein(egg and milk) is the basis to most high protein diets/supplements...human that is

Cheers. Milk is mostly water though as so I can't see how it's high in protein. It's just fat droplets in water...good for vitamins (calcium etc) but as far as protein goes I didn't think it was anywhere near the top.

Cheers. Milk is mostly water though as so I can't see how it's high in protein. It's just fat droplets in water...good for vitamins (calcium etc) but as far as protein goes I didn't think it was anywhere near the top.

go ask any bodybuilder what his basic diet is....for bulking,egg and milk has no equal when it comes to sheer quantity/% protein.

Edited by gnasher16

go ask any bodybuilder what his basic diet is....for bulking,egg and milk has no equal when it comes to sheer quantity/% protein.

But dogs aren't human! Why do people insist on treating a dog the same as a person?