Boz Shepherd Dogs or Kangals

To Start, all the best hunting dogs have two things: high prey drive and scent. Another distinct nature would be retrieving. But then u can always train your dog. In turkey, they sometime use kangal for hunting with another type of breed call tazi ( another ancient hunting hound breed). Those kangals usually have more prey drive than usual ones. They been used for fighting. For boz shepherd they are powerful and heavily built and they are more of stand their ground. Mix it with other top hunting breeds they will learn quick.

http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/outdoor-activities/hunting/traditional-methods/5-hunting-dog-breeds5.htm

http://www.puplookup.com/category-hunting.php

**I don’t like the kangals and boz shepherd in US. Make sure you are feeding them right food.

• 12 years later...

On 05/07/2011 at 15:35, MonsterMalak said:

Did you get to train or Boz for hunting bear and wild hog. I live in New Mexico and have a lot of bear and lion on the property, wish I'd have started a little sooner but he will hunt bear and lion. Working on him retrieving them to the house after he kills them. 

3 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

A scrap yard where I use to live had a kangal guard dog in the 90s got out once and bit someone got it to sleep I reckon he keeps Rottweilers now 

He would of been better off with an akita.........

• Haha 1
On 06/07/2011 at 19:40, MonsterMalak said:

Sorry, but I had originally posted this in the general forum. New here,,,haha.

Has anyone hunted with the Boz Shepherd Dogs, or Kangals. They are both Turkish Livestock Guardians. I have seen videos with them hunting Boar, and even against a tiger (although I feel the tiger was playing).

They are large, strong, fast, and a VERY capable oponnent to anything.

My website is www.monstermalak.com if you are unaware of the breed.

Anyone sharing experience hunting with them would be appretiated;

Brian

post-64166-0-92923300-1309977616_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't want to be following that around with doggy waste bags. "Hmm, more dollops Jackie!"

FND.jpg

• Haha 1