advise for ferrets wanted

i bought a couple of ferrets when they wers 6 weeks old,they will be 9 week old this friday, i handle them 3 times a day so they are very tame and very good fun,but i do want them to do some rabbiting on some of my permissions,so the question is what age should i start taking them out and the best way to train them,they have had a rabbit and loved it ,and a couple of birds, should i feed them before i go out? any advise please i will be making sure i have a locator so i dont lose them.

hello pal i normally start my ferrets off ferreting at 6 months old i wait till i see a rabbit going into a small set then enter the ferret i start on small sets and work up to bigger ones as the ferret gets more experiance. when there young i put pipes down for them to play in to get them use to going down holes. :thumbs:

:thumbs: im with you all the way on cannyboy thats prob the best way .i have been doing that way for years and it works . i put the 6 mth old with the and the more experienced together in a hutch as soon as i can so they know each other as well and in the box together when out ferreting . they soon come good and they know what they are doing this way ,start the young ferret off in pipes and let them play it got to be fun :thumbs: