22lr high velocity?

What's peoples recommendation on high velocitys for 22lr. As got some foxes to sort, and want right ammo ! Can get within 70 yrdd away from them. And my FEO. Said if going to shoot fox. Use high velocity !

Thanks

I never found anything to be very good in HV for the .22lr, very possibly the best overall performer in mine were the Remington Yellow Jacket HP, flew fast, hit pretty hard and were reasonably accurate, but the .22lr excels as a Sub Sonic tool, if you want HV you will need to try a few and see what works best for you.

Better still keep the .22lr for subs, and get something in addition with a bit more grunt if you feel you need it! :thumbs:

A fox will go down easily with the right head or heart shot with a decent Sub Sonic round, I use Magtech and they work very well in mine, a massive HP which peels back well and creates a big wound channel, commonly imparting all its energy!

On more than one occasion in the past I used HV .22lr on fox heart shots and they went clean through hardly expanding at all (CCI Velocitors). I would be reluctant to use HV for fox head shots generally because they tend to be so inaccurate, but obviously some shots would be ok!

Everyone will have their own view on ammo but I have my doubts about your FEO's knowledge!