I use nothing - have had up to 10 dogs and only ever had fleas twice in 15 years

and thats cause they caught them off another dog,

first time they had them i used frontline - wouldnt use it now, as quite a few dogs have

had reactions to it, including death, second time i doused them with Diatomaceous Earth

and that seems to have worked - i only ever treat mine if i see fleas on them

or they are scratching excessivly.

Edited by chook1

I use nothing - have had up to 10 dogs and only ever had fleas twice in 15 years

and thats cause they caught them off another dog,

first time they had them i used frontline - wouldnt use it now, as quite a few dogs have

had reactions to it, including death, second time i doused them with Diatomaceous Earth

and that seems to have worked - i only ever treat mine if i see fleas on them

or they are scratching excessivly.

Thanks for that I think that the fleas are coming from the dog track when we come home from raceing. I have tried spraying them with frontline when we come home but it does not seem to work

yeah thats the biggest problem when your dogs start coming into contact with other dogs it is a higher chance of the dog pickin them up. I always used to buy a tub of garlic sauce from a take away shop and chuck it over their food once a week keeps the fleas away nice and its cheap and tasty for them too.

I do not know that i believe people that say their dogs never get fleas, i do not think people lie, but i that they are just missing them. Unless people live in a plastic sterile bubble i cannot see how they cannot ever get them. Fleas, ticks are on just about every animal known to man, fall/jump off animals then onto another host.

I know exactly when my lot have fleas, even though i cannot see them, i am really allergic to flea bites and fleas love me!

I use Stronghold and frontline, prefer stronghold, seems to work better and it don't matter if your dogs get wet prior or after like it does with Frontline but cannot get it cheaper on line (vets only) so only buy one lot of 3 per year, use frontline for the rest. I think a change as with wormers is good though to prevent immunity.

Has already mentioned above moll ivomectin given correctly his the dogs , ued widely all over theworld I use this for all my livestock. Keeps all fleas etc at bay and worms excluding tape this his the main parasitic in heart guard used on the continent for heart worm google ivomectin there his the plenty of information about it saves pounds,atb bunnys.ps in times gone byit was not unknown for humans to be scripted with it for major skin lesions etc .

Has already mentioned above moll ivomectin given correctly his the dogs , ued widely all over theworld I use this for all my livestock. Keeps all fleas etc at bay and worms excluding tape this his the main parasitic in heart guard used on the continent for heart worm google ivomectin there his the plenty of information about it saves pounds,atb bunnys.ps in times gone byit was not unknown for humans to be scripted with it for major skin lesions etc .

THANKS ALL FOR YOUR HELP .Looks like its back to ivomectin again thanks again Bullcross13