What do you keep your licences & permission slips

In to keep them to keep them safe when out in the field

Don't take your certs. or permission slips with you out and about, leave them in your gun safe.

I've never been check by Police while out and about with shotguns or section one firearms in thirty years.

Edited by David B Allen

It depends on where you shoot, I shoot over some land where the police are on a drive by constantly and also areas where they like to have a quiet break time :) and have on occasion been approached for a general chat.

So where do I keep my 'land authority forms'? In a large folder that's in my vehicle.

Where do I keep my certificates? I keep them nice and safe on my person.

Then if ever I get stopped and for what ever reason i have my signed copy of a land authority form with the land owners details and signature on etc along with OS maps of the land boundaries.

And I can produce my certificates on the spot and not have all the hassle of ever having to go to a police station later.

Like wise I keep my plastic drivers license on me and my paper counterpart at home.

In to keep them to keep them safe when out in the field

Don't take your certs. or permission slips with you out and about, leave them in your gun safe.

I've never been check by Police while out and about with shotguns or section one firearms in thirty years.

I always have them on me when out and about i use those plastic ziplock bags keeps them nice and dry when its chucking it down.

I do the same as liongeorge for the same reason. Although 1 night local plod pulled up alongside our vehicle as we were about to walk 1 of my permissions. Asked what we were doing and if we had permission. Bearing in mind we had two rifles with us he just said ok lads, carry on. Never checked our rifles, our tickets or if we did have permission. Probably coming towards the end of his shift at a guess...

Same again - I keep copies in my gun slips so they are always with me when out shooting. Originals stay at home in the gun safe. The police have enough info about me on record to keep checks simple.

The only time I pre-warn the police of shooting activity (get an incident number) is when shooting (at night) in the local council owned wildlife park - a bit sensitive there.

I always carry my phone out shooting,so i took a photo of my certificates,it clearly shows my name and my certificate number,the police can then check this on the national data base,The originals stay home nice and safe,there is no legal requirement to carry them,and they will very quickly find you on the data base.

I once called out the police for my job,gave the attending officer my name and date of birth,and two minutes later he had all my details,we had a long conversation about decoying pigeons,as he was more of a shooting nut than me. :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...

I always carry my phone out shooting,so i took a photo of my certificates,it clearly shows my name and my certificate number,the police can then check this on the national data base,The originals stay home nice and safe,there is no legal requirement to carry them,and they will very quickly find you on the data base.

I once called out the police for my job,gave the attending officer my name and date of birth,and two minutes later he had all my details,we had a long conversation about decoying pigeons,as he was more of a shooting nut than me. :laugh:

keep mine in double leather licence wallet off well known auction site.in my jacket pocket :thumbs:

MY SGC lives in my gunslip......wherever that is is where my certificate is.......and that only leaves the house with a shotgun in it

I have been stopped by the police, the week after the cumbrian shootings.......some old fella saw me going into woodland i have permission on......you would have thought that the fact i knew the code to the combination padlock would have indicated i am allowed in there

anyway he gave my car reg to teh police, they then used the details from me being the registered keeper and did a police national computer check (everyone that has a sgc or fac is on there along with all teh criminals) on my name and found my file sgc number etc.....

the two young coppers who then pulled me as i was driving away were very apologetic, and couldn't understand why they had been sent as they stated they knew who i was and the fact that i had a sgc.......

i showed one of them my sgc and he went off to do teh same checks again and i chatted to the other

No grief and i went on my way