STALKING.

Guest Frank

Nice shot! It seems you might have to cull a few more of those beauts in the future at the rate they are expanding!

I have heard that about the Reds in Kerry too. The version I heard is that hybrids were released in Wicklow from the parks of Lord Powerscourt which lead to more hybrids being bred etc etc.

Perhaps it has something to do with the habitat? Less disturbance and agriculture in Kerry means the herds have more room to expand without mixing?

could be more the incoming sika herd has not matured enough to oust the resident red stags, who may have a bit more fight in them than the common windsor blood, in any case you guys need to get in there and start culling those japs out.

Kiwi

The sika herds have been there for ages, so I doubt that's the case.

Also, no hunting is allowed on the national parkland, and deer are culled by the forestry fellows only.

Other than those that are poached of course, 2 UK guys were caught at it the year before last.

Of course any deer off the national park land is fair game given the right season.

Up untill last season, all Red deer in Kerry were protected. Last season, the introduction of a doe cull was introduced, but not stags.

The red deer of Kerry, are thriving, too much infact, but are ver closely wathced, hence, them 2 Uk fellas getting cought in the act.

Kiwi, things get so complecated over here at times, i wish sometimes i was over their in your wonderfull land, as their is no season from what i gether and red tape ect ect :blink: ?

As for the forestry fellas culling, i know a few, shoot on site anything thats their, is all i can discribe these bucks as. :(

All the best ;):drink:

Frank.

Edited by Frank
:laugh::laugh: How did you guess pointer? :D

I will never give up my CZ .223, but i have a yearning for a 6.5 x 55. :yes:;):drink:

Frank.

:yes: ohhh yeah :yes::yes:

I've done a lot of research into this cal. (6.5 swede) and reccon it the muts nuts.... just saving at the moment for the beast itself.

Edited by LocalYokel

Nice one Frank,I've just been out and got another couple of hundred acres,and the farmer says he wants the deer shot(roe and muntjac)so I might be applying for a variation soon.He also has another farm fairly close by,so I am hoping that I will get permission on there as well once I prove myself to him.Do you have to complete the dsc1 over there or have they spared you that? :hunter:

Guest Frank
Nice one Frank,I've just been out and got another couple of hundred acres,and the farmer says he wants the deer shot(roe and muntjac)so I might be applying for a variation soon.He also has another farm fairly close by,so I am hoping that I will get permission on there as well once I prove myself to him.Do you have to complete the dsc1 over there or have they spared you that? :hunter:

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the comment. :)

They have spared us the DSC 1 over here at the moment, but an aquvilent of that has been introduced to all forestry stalkers and soon to be a must for all stalkers.

Frank.

Edited by Frank