Deleted

What nobody has mentioned is in my opinion it isn,t completely necessery to get the jills jabbed etc, this is the 1st year I have used a vasectomised hob on my jills, in previous yrs I have just left the jills in season and I haven,t experienced any problems :thumbs:

thats the way we always done it ,plus there was no internet around then just done what everybody done .never heard bout jill jabs untill the 90s no idea how long its been around but then they say its now outdated and potentialy dangerous just get implants at 90 quid lol .am only goin down the vas hob route cause the internets talked me into it :blink: plus if it backfires least it will cover a working jill ... the power of advertising and the internet right enough :whistling:

I think about it like this. . . . .

If i was a ferret jill and was in season. and didn't want kits. . would i rather. . .

Walk about all summer with my vag swollen, dripping and dragging on the floor?

Get an incredibly painful injection.

Have something implanted in my body every 18 months.

Or get ridden like a pony by a vac hob?

lold quite a bit.

How long do they typically stay in season for?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no its a fair point dotty u got a buyer and a target , i agree locators r great but theres a limit u can dig lol .the average starter can still enjoy the sport without being pressured in to buying exp

just for anyone that thinks keeping a jill in season all year is ok, this is what can happen http://starescue.org.uk/#/willow/4546656754

What nobody has mentioned is in my opinion it isn,t completely necessery to get the jills jabbed etc, this is the 1st year I have used a vasectomised hob on my jills, in previous yrs I have just left the jills in season and I haven,t experienced any problems :thumbs:

thats the way we always done it ,plus there was no internet around then just done what everybody done .never heard bout jill jabs untill the 90s no idea how long its been around but then they say its now outdated and potentialy dangerous just get implants at 90 quid lol .am only goin down the vas hob route cause the internets talked me into it :blink: plus if it backfires least it will cover a working jill ... the power of advertising and the internet right enough :whistling:

If i was a ferret jill and was in season. and didn't want kits. . would i rather. . .

lold quite a bit.

If left, they can stay in from march/april - sept/oct.

The thing about them dying due to not being mated, i think would be more to do with the toll that it has on the body being in season for that long and having a big sticky, wet opening to your vaj hanging down beneath your legs, getting dragged about the court floor and shit.

Canis - i was just joking, but you mentioned it a fair bit. I agree with you regarding the de-sexing of animals that do not or are not going to make the breeding grade. Having said that i would NEVER spay/vac/castrate any young ferret, dog, or any stock, before i fully knew what i had, because i can gaurentee that if i did, i would end up with the best hob/jill/dog i had ever worked and want to introduce their blood into my line (or base it upon).

Jill jabs are handy but when you have 6 jills it's as costly each year as a vac op.

lold quite a bit.

The thing about them dying due to not being mated, i think would be more to do with the toll that it has on the body being in season for that long and having a big sticky, wet opening to your vaj hanging down beneath your legs, getting dragged about the court floor and shit.

Canis - i was just joking, but you mentioned it a fair bit. I agree with you regarding the de-sexing of animals that do not or are not going to make the breeding grade. Having said that i would NEVER spay/vac/castrate any young ferret, dog, or any stock, before i fully knew what i had, because i can gaurentee that if i did, i would end up with the best hob/jill/dog i had ever worked and want to introduce their blood into my line (or base it upon).

Jill jabs are handy but when you have 6 jills it's as costly each year as a vac op.

It was myself that mentioned the implant. Not because I have shares in the company unfortunately but just because that's the route I've gone down with my ferrets.

Edited by AlbionLass

lold quite a bit.

It was myself that mentioned the implant.

Aye, just twigged, that, scan reading :doh: Well, that was meant for you then :tongue2:

lold quite a bit.

It was myself that mentioned the implant.

was gonna say I never mention it as I don't beleave it any good

lold quite a bit.

Personally I would feel bad leaving it in season for months, ill just get 2x jills and then near the end of the year / begining of next year a vasectamised hob. looks like the best option to be honest.

Knowing my luck itl end up getting them both pregnant and ill be stuck with 2x litters.

lold quite a bit.

I completely agrea with you. Definotly if you have lots of jills way better to have a V hob.

If you ask about in plenty of time, you may be able to borrow a proven vac hob off someone :thumbs:

what happens if you shell out to get a hob vacd and it doesnt work? is the vet likely to do it again for free ?

Depends how 'persuasive' you are :thumbs:

If you ask about in plenty of time, you may be able to borrow a proven vac hob off someone :thumbs:

what happens if you shell out to get a hob vacd and it doesnt work? is the vet likely to do it again for free ?

Depends how 'persuasive' you are :thumbs:

lol id be pretty annoyed if I paid and it wasnt successful. that would be 50ish for nothing.

seems to be getting confusing this thread noo :laugh:

i have kept jills in season all summer without any problems..... tho its not summat id condone if done 2 or more seasons in a row, but there again i do know folk that have done, with no problems.....

jills can have the jill jab while they are in season............. deffo...

jill jabs are safe to use imo, i have used them loads a times, an never had a problem, but same as with keeping a jill in season, its not summat id do for a few years in a trot.........

i try an vary the ways to deal with my jills in season, if they are good uns, an i need kitts i will breed them, other wise i try an use say jill jab 1 year an a hoblet the next an so on, an if it was a ferret that i knew was never gonna be bred, id spay.....

seems to be getting confusing this thread noo :laugh:

i have kept jills in season all summer without any problems..... tho its not summat id condone if done 2 or more seasons in a row, but there again i do know folk that have done, with no problems.....

jills can have the jill jab while they are in season............. deffo...

jill jabs are safe to use imo, i have used them loads a times, an never had a problem, but same as with keeping a jill in season, its not summat id do for a few years in a trot.........

i try an vary the ways to deal with my jills in season, if they are good uns, an i need kitts i will breed them, other wise i try an use say jill jab 1 year an a hoblet the next an so on, an if it was a ferret that i knew was never gonna be bred, id spay.....

100%

all advice is great and welcomed most people seem to have the same general opinion. I wouldnt be as worried if I only had one but if it was 2x jills in season for months I would be a bit concerned about it.

Ive decided im going to get 2x jills and for their first season ill use a vacd hob from someone and then ill get a hob kit just after that and get him vacd towards the end up the year. that way I will have 3x ferrets.

It would also work out well as by then I should be steady away ferreting so having 2x jills and a hob will be handy.

cheers to everyone giving me advice and being great in general.