Why is it that the richest customers are always the tightest ?

Don't know if the person who started the thread is a "Professional" pest controller or one who just does it for a bit of money on the side but i have been in business many many years as a full time pest controller and my answer would be this:

Give them a competitive price for the job..........agree that price........ and stick to it.... If they don't like what they hear then f***k them off and if as was described previously they pronounce the "Last fella did it for £30 quid" then do as i do...........tell them to go get the last bloke back again, tell them you run a business and not a charity service and walk away...........people like that aint worth a light.

Rolfe.

Don't know if the person who started the thread is a "Professional" pest controller or one who just does it for a bit of money on the side but i have been in business many many years as a full time pest controller and my answer would be this:

Give them a competitive price for the job..........agree that price........ and stick to it.... If they don't like what they hear then f***k them off and if as was described previously they pronounce the "Last fella did it for £30 quid" then do as i do...........tell them to go get the last bloke back again, tell them you run a business and not a charity service and walk away...........people like that aint worth a light.

Rolfe.

Rolfe I am a professional molecatcher so I did agree the price which was fair given the circs and I did make him pay the full amount. What annoyed me was the complaining afterwards when he knew the price in advance and agreed to have the work done then tried to tell ME what he was going to pay if it happened again. Not a major problem as I got my money and won't be going back but its just the attitude of these types of people that winds me up.

• Like 1

I well remember years ago, turning up for a'lord of the manor',to sort out some moles in his lawn.The FIRST thing he said to me was, "Let me just inform you now,if you only manage to catch one mole,then im afraid you will never be asked back here" I thought to myself ,what a cheeky c..t.I had to bite my tongue,as i wanted to give him a mouthful and walk off.I then quickly decided to myself "no, Ill show you" Anyway,a day or so later had the moles and presented them to him,(much to his surprise,going by his expression !)to which he replied " Oh, youve done really well !"

I well remember years ago, turning up for a'lord of the manor',to sort out some moles in his lawn.The FIRST thing he said to me was, "Let me just inform you now,if you only manage to catch one mole,then im afraid you will never be asked back here" I thought to myself ,what a cheeky c..t.I had to bite my tongue,as i wanted to give him a mouthful and walk off.I then quickly decided to myself "no, Ill show you" Anyway,a day or so later had the moles and presented them to him,(much to his surprise,going by his expression !)to which he replied " Oh, youve done really well !"

Better start keeping a few in the freezer from now on.............. :whistling:

I tell them on the phone, tell them what it involves, possibly three visits and a guarantee that you'd go back if one should pop up in the next couple of weeks.. it's either yes or no... I priced a garden when I was in it, he wanted to know how many moles were there before I started, I said I didn't actually know til I've caught them, I gave him a price to do the job irrespective of the number of moles, then when I done the job he tried to knock me down saying he thought there were more, that's why he agreed the price... ermmmm!!!

the rich ones just take forever to pay and me farmer mates, well... they have to wait for their milk cheques :whistling:

worst one I've had was a school, and the sec was a 'bit of an animal rightsist' took her 2 months to pay me.. said she lost my invoice, so I emailed her one, then said, her computer was down and couldnt do Bacs.. then I said I'll be over now to see the head.. :thumbs:

takes all sorts..

Tell you what, i soon learned off the resident gardener he had,that i was only called as a last resort.The guy told me straight his boss expected him to do the mole catching.He had some traps, but admitted he only ever caught the odd one.Problem was the mole activity had increased to such an extent on the lawns ,that they had to call a mole man in.(His lordship must have assumed that i was going to have as much success as the gardener ! )Although i cleared the lawn of moles,i knew they would be back again sooner or later,as the lawns were bordered by woodland.I never got called back,but a couple of years later i was passing by that way,and out of curiosity i called in to see the gardener,who said they still had problems with moles,but he was expected to do it.He goes," The boss is just to miserable to pay a mole catcher ! "

I painted a small Fence for a neighbour years ago, se gave me a tenner for my efforts which I refused by was forced to take. My mates mum

Who is loaded walked past and asked if I could paint her fence as she said I had done a good job. She said she would give me the same as the neighbour did ad that the fence was only small. After rugby on the Saturday I headed to my mates and his mum showed me to the back garden and the fence was f*****g huge. About 45metres long. I worked my ass off and when I finished she gave me £8.50. When I asked where the 1.50 was she said that she had deducted the biscuits and juice from the £10. Tw*t.

I painted a small Fence for a neighbour years ago, se gave me a tenner for my efforts which I refused by was forced to take. My mates mum

Who is loaded walked past and asked if I could paint her fence as she said I had done a good job. She said she would give me the same as the neighbour did ad that the fence was only small. After rugby on the Saturday I headed to my mates and his mum showed me to the back garden and the fence was f*****g huge. About 45metres long. I worked my ass off and when I finished she gave me £8.50. When I asked where the 1.50 was she said that she had deducted the biscuits and juice from the £10. Tw*t.

If that is true then i would have knocked the f*****g fence down.......taking 1.50 of for biscuits...... :wallbash: