Dog Attacked

once the wound dont get infected the dog should make a full recovery.

my whippet had a bad accident and needed 2 operations,some of the skin died and was left with a big open wound but in time it healed and he is working now even though the skin is a bit tight on that side of his body.

here a few pics.

pic after first operation.

you can see all the dead skin on him.

21052008001.jpg

pic after second operation.

this what was left and this wound had to close on its own.

10062008.jpg

this is him now.

12092008002.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

ar3.jpg

Jesus...... :icon_eek: Did it fall in beside a shark..........?

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't listen to people who say that the dog is unlikely to run again: I've seen much worse on my own dogs, and they have healed fine. Obviously the bruising is a concern, and yes, the wound could brea

staff's are on another level excluding apbt's of course. I'm not condoning what the staff did but its what it was bred to do. The fault lies at the handlers feet.

yeah mate that'll do the breeds involved image a world of good plastered on the front of the echo. why even blame the dog?   it should imo be pts but only because most people couldnt care for it pr

Posted Images

no barbed wire mate.

im just trying to show a dog even after a bad accident it can heal.

plenty antibiotics and keep the wound clean.

also i had antisiptic cream spread over the wound and when the wound closed then it was kept moisturized for a few months.

your whippet will be fine paddy it will just take time to heal.

my fella was fully healed about 6 months after the accident.

best of luck with your fella.

regards SS

• Like 2

no barbed wire mate.

also i had antisiptic cream spread over the wound and when the wound closed then it was kept moisturized for a few months.

regards SS

Terrible stuff..... :thumbdown: Just shows what it can do to a dog going at full tilt. Nice to see it made a full recovery though mate.... :thumbs:

once the wound dont get infected the dog should make a full recovery.

my whippet had a bad accident and needed 2 operations,some of the skin died and was left with a big open wound but in time it healed and he is working now even though the skin is a bit tight on that side of his body.

here a few pics.

pic after first operation.

you can see all the dead skin on him.

21052008001.jpg

pic after second operation.

this what was left and this wound had to close on its own.

10062008.jpg

this is him now.

12092008002.jpg

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_1801.jpg

ar3.jpg

these pictures dont alf make me feel better mate, lovely looking dog aswell mate atb with them!

theres some bad injuries on here,its all down to irresponsibility imo

ive got aggressive dogs,i just walk them on lead where there wont be many people and if another uncontrolled dog runs over mine are all small enough to pick up while i give the uncontrolled mutt a gentle tap to deter it.

never had an accident yet,and if i ever do it will be because the uncontrolled dog jumped up at me and my dog gets hold of it,which is imo on the other owner.

Thats why i put them up lad as i was in a similiar position to you with a badly injured whippet and know how ya must be doubting a full recovery but it just goes to show how tough and resilient dogs really are and im sure once your fella is on antibiotics he will be fine :thumbs:

no barbed wire mate.

regards SS

Terrible stuff..... :thumbdown: Just shows what it can do to a dog going at full tilt. Nice to see it made a full recovery though mate.... :thumbs:

cheers lab :thumbs:

dog has done 3 seasons work after his accident so yours will be fine lad

no barbed wire mate.

regards SS

cheers lab :thumbs:

dog has done 3 seasons work after his accident so yours will be fine lad

thanks alot mate, brillaint news, hoping for the best now :) hoping.. :)

sorry to here about lewys accident......i know it looks bad but my big lad has been nipped twice by the littleun and caused a fair bit of damage, she does a high speed nip but is skin is as you know like paper and has torn badly,what started as a small hole ended up looking like she had gone for him with a knife!! he has healed fine just with time!!! my bitch on the other hand who i think is staffy, whippetty, grey, colly type mix (or so ive been told!!) got ran over a few weeks ago, right under the car front to back, she hadlumps off all over stitches and staples everywhere, was given antibiotics and hibiscrub to wash her wounds, also was given some fuciderm gel to put on her wounds and shes healed lovely, bald patches all over but shes in one piece..

as my bitch nipped him a second time she is now muzzled whenever off her lead on walks, i think its the responsible thing to do!!! keeps him in one piece and any other dog we come across, she doesnt discriminate and would take anyting on!

hope [bANNED TEXT] hound makes a full recovery x;-)

Edited by ali-son

sorry to here about lewys accident......i know it looks bad but my big lad has been nipped twice by the littleun and caused a fair bit of damage, she does a high speed nip but is skin is as you know like paper and has torn badly,what started as a small hole ended up looking like she had gone for him with a knife!! he has healed fine just with time!!! my bitch on the other hand who i think is staffy, whippetty, grey, colly type mix (or so ive been told!!) got ran over a few weeks ago, right under the car front to back, she hadlumps off all over stitches and staples everywhere, was given antibiotics and hibiscrub to wash her wounds, also was given some fuciderm gel to put on her wounds and shes healed lovely, bald patches all over but shes in one piece..

as my bitch nipped him a second time she is now muzzled whenever off her lead on walks, i think its the responsible thing to do!!! keeps him in one piece and any other dog we come across, she doesnt discriminate and would take anyting on!

hope [bANNED TEXT] hound makes a full recovery x;-)

thanks alot, yeh me 2