fruit and veg?

devvo

When i was younger and could not get my hand's on a regular supply of ferret food.. ie ..full carcases so i used to give them left over's from sunday dinner's and they loved it all that cabbage/carrot's/mashed potato you name it used to go down the hatch with no problem's at all..

its like what my mates mother use to say if it goes in one whole in can come out of the other B)

Ferrets are first rate carnivores and need the red flesh diet to thrive, whilst they will eat other things (bread and milk) then it will not agree with their digestion (proof in the latrine corner) but they will eat it. I would think that the same goes for fruit or veg.

OTC

Guest Ditch_Shitter

To paraphrase Val Porter, in her superb " The Complete Book of Ferrets ":

" Don't deprive ye ferrets of the more interesting tastes and textures in life. "

I wouldn't even be talking on this Thread had I not personally found backberry seeds in wild mustalid shit ;)

Mine too were absolute buggers for a bit of ice cream and even enjoyed a spot of chillie. Kidney beans 'n all :good:

Obviously, the key word is moderation.