5/8 grey 3/8 dh

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ok so after many months of f*****g myself about and not wanting to go down the bull x route anymore and to be fair not really knowing what i wanted at all an opportunity came up and with more than a fair price,thanks mick :thumbs: here he is,iv read up a lot that i can find on here but as for basic questions i want as much info as you can give with your vast experiance of this type that i know some of you have :D

anything you can tell me about bringing it up,training entering,what should i be expecting from this type,temprement,feet,working ability on all game pre-ban,good points and bad,reading back on the chartpolski thread a lot of lads obviously rate them highly and its a type completly new to me so im looking forward to the years ahead with him, so all info would be great thanks rob

019.jpg

007.jpg

looks exactly like my pup same white markings on the chest and feet :thumbs:

here he is only 8 weeks hes 1/4 pitbull 1/4 collie and 1/2 Greyhound :yes:post-62335-0-24822300-1306929623_thumb.jpg

Cracking looking pup,idenical to a dog of the same way bred that i had mysely a few year back.Mine was from a 7.8th to a halfx dog and the pup i kept was idenical to your's.My dog entered very young taking fox single handed at 9months and deer at year old.I sent 2 of the pups to england and they both were entered at a young age aswell and done the buisness,1 red redish dog went on to be an outstanding deer dog single handed.took fallow stags for sport,he was 28tts and about 70lb.If bred right they are as good as any bullx on any quarry all pre ban of course.

Cracking looking pup,idenical to a dog of the same way bred that i had mysely a few year back.Mine was from a 7.8th to a halfx dog and the pup i kept was idenical to your's.My dog entered very young taking fox single handed at 9months and deer at year old.I sent 2 of the pups to england and they both were entered at a young age aswell and done the buisness,1 red redish dog went on to be an outstanding deer dog single handed.took fallow stags for sport,he was 28tts and about 70lb.If bred right they are as good as any bullx on any quarry all pre ban of course.

thanks mate certainly capable of being very handy dogs then :thumbs:

It's OK.

:laugh:

well at least he aint pissed on me yet,not like some of them saluki types do to their owners :laugh: :laugh: bet you still got them socks on aint you after all its only been a few weeks :tongue2:

There has been no reason to change them. :yes:

It's OK.

:laugh:

well at least he aint pissed on me yet,not like some of them saluki types do to their owners :laugh: :laugh: bet you still got them socks on aint you after all its only been a few weeks :tongue2:

There has been no reason to change them. :yes:

:sick: :laugh:

Beautiful Dog, cant wait to see what he grows in to, please keep photos coming. I just bought my first lurcher Deerhound/Grey X whippet to try and bring the size down a little. Spent hours looking and researching like yourself and decided this cross was best for my needs. Had dogs forever, quite a few spaniels but found that my lurcher girl needs a real gentle hand and a lot of reassurance, i have found it a sharp learning curve. Still, couldnt be happier with mine and the way its going, just wish I had discovered lurchers earlier, just got to hold off entering her to early as I am so excited and my new permission wants the land cleared ASAP. All the best.

Pat :doh:

post-62381-0-97545200-1306933992_thumb.jpg

Beautiful Dog, cant wait to see what he grows in to, please keep photos coming. I just bought my first lurcher Deerhound/Grey X whippet to try and bring the size down a little. Spent hours looking and researching like yourself and decided this cross was best for my needs. Had dogs forever, quite a few spaniels but found that my lurcher girl needs a real gentle hand and a lot of reassurance, i have found it a sharp learning curve. Still, couldnt be happier with mine and the way its going, just wish I had discovered lurchers earlier, just got to hold off entering her to early as I am so excited and my new permission wants the land cleared ASAP. All the best.

Pat :doh:

post-62381-0-97545200-1306933992_thumb.jpg

looks a little cracker that mate,hopefully iv chilled a bit over the years keeping a bull x can get your blood up over time lol so will take my time with this one in the mean time get out with the dog and an air-rifle mate do the world of good :thumbs: