Wouldnt mind this one in my shed

NICE COCK BIRD

JUDGING BY HOW FAR THE COLOUR GOES PAST THE EYE ,

IF PICKY ,........ COULD DO WITH MORE COLOUR ON THE BLAZE ,

WOULD HAVE LIKED TO HAVE SEEN A FRONT SHOT TO SEE HOW SQUARE THAT BLAZE IS .......

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

could be the pic but he looks to be a buff not ideal in a mule pairing.But he is a very nice bird all the same.

whats a buff?????????????

im sure its his feather type, but i dont know nowt aboot goldies, so if im wrong im sure [bANNED TEXT] will correct me :icon_redface:

just stuck a fife hen in wi my goldie,only been into birds 2,mth,bad pics,

dsc01081r.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

try n get better pics

Is he showing any interest in her mate? Its looking like i'm gonna have to pick my favourite pair of hens and over winter them with my goldie and hopefully he'll bond next year with them. I've even got a goldie hen which he doesn't show any interest in :censored:

why the top us got an orange bit in his red mask, an the other is pure red???????

is it a sign of age??? or just a variation :icon_redface:

When the goldfinch is in the moult the last part of it to moult out is the blaze,the orange you see in the blaze of the goldfinch in the first photo is due to the fact that the bird has not fully finished the moult, they start to moult in august and sometimes it can be October before they fully finish.

Although a rare occurrence it can happen that birds get stuck in the moult which usually means there are underlying health problems with the bird and this could be the case in this photo.

If you look at the second photo you will see the goldfinch in that photo was snapped in early summer because it is in full breeding condition, a crimson red blaze, no black tip on its beak and the feather quality is tip top unlike the bird in the first photo.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Meroman