Hello everyone

I'm new to the forum so thought I'd better introduce myself

I'm fourteen but have been shooting for about 3 years now with airguns, mainly controlling rabbits, squirrels and pigeons (all of which go to the pot), but also rats and corvids because we keep chickens and rear chicks which are threatened by these. We also have a couple of pigs and bees and Im interested in countryside affairs generally. Last year I got a shotgun license and now shoot a o/u laurona eibar 12b and also a .410 yildiz TK 36 single barreled for use around the animals. I am trying to get into pigeon decoying and have a few decoys, a rotary and a couple of floaters. I experiment with these on a field of about 2 acres that we have with the .410 but they rarely come down properly because it is quite a cramped area due to the shape of the field, but it gives me something of an idea of what works (ish). I'd be interested in getting a decoying permission in the bury st Edmunds area of Suffolk at some stage with my dad who also applied for his license when I did and any pointers about this would be greatfully recieved. Over the next couple of years I plan to pick up a few more permissions with my air rifle (an air arms s410 .177) and then assuming that I have some suitable permissions I hope to apply for an FAC.

Sorry if that was a bit of a life story

Ratsmasher