border terriers

Borders tails are completely different to other working terriers ..

a terrier without a docked tail does not look right

I hear this so often! And evertime I do I think "what the f**k has looks got to do with anything?"...

i have a litter due in 3 weeks... am in meath in ireland.. if you genuine working lad i give you a pup.. call me 00353879372891.. keith robertson..

Oh how i wish there someone around like yourself when i was after a replacement for my old terrier, i did get what i was looking for but it cost me £350 but i can see why they do charge more for pups.........if folks are prepared to pay then so be it. I only keep dogs so breeding isn't an option for me but if i did then if a mate wanted one it would be gifted to a good working home, the rest i'd sell at the going rate if it was just a pet home, working homes would get it cheaper. My old Border cost me £200 (well £190 actually as i got a tenner back for luck) and they were advertised for £250. My beddie/grey lucher was advertised for £200 and the lad only charged me £100 as it was getting a good working home.

Best of luck with the litter Keith, i hope someone like you is around when i'm in the market for another addition to my team :thumbs:

I hear this so often! And evertime I do I think "what the f**k has looks got to do with anything?"...

some people want there dogs to look good aswell as be a grafter, there is no rule that says its either one or the other

Ill never buy a dog in again, i dont agree with the price tags people are puting on them. Ive alway though that a small fee for the food, wormers, jab ect was fair play. But 500 notes for a terrier and then find that it aint come to nothing is heart breaking. Im lucky that i got plenty of mates in the game so we use each others dogs and bitches for planned mating when pups are required to carry on the lines.

I think they can get away with it because of their temperment, when did you ever see a Border looking all cocky with his tail upright ? JMO.

I think they can get away with it because of their temperment, when did you ever see a Border looking all cocky with his tail upright ? JMO.

You have not seen a lot of working Borders then?

• Like 1

My first fell type terrier was part border. I have searched high and low for another like him be it in patterdales, den terrier crosses, jagds. Never had another quite as easy as he was for starting or for training. I have heard borders are slower to come on. I had no such problem with mine. I'd pay quite a price for sybling or the parents of that dog, I tell you what. I wish I had a yard full of dogs like that. I've never hunted with another border. Wish there were more around.

You have not seen a lot of working Borders then?

I've seen a couple of very good one's, and they were so laid back they were horizontal, right up untill they got a whiff of fox, then all hell broke loose. :D