1/2 Whippet x 1/4 Collie x 1/4 Greyhond

At the start of the last lampin season i bought myself a collie x greyhound x whippet bitch that is 21 inches to the shoulder. She was two years old and the night i got her on trial she caught 8 rabbits in two hours from 10 runs. The Next night she caught 6 rabbits and a hare in rougly the same time. I didnt do much lamping but iv brought her ferreting and she has been very handy around the holes and caught many bolters that escaped the nets. She even marks holes! I think this has to be one of the best crosses for a running dog!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not???? A hare in a big open field on the lamp against a lamping dog as the same chance off getting always when getting chased by a coursing dog during the day and are fare game in my eyes. Dont

he didnt say lamping might of been summer night.and what does it concern others if people lamp hares anyway?the bullet gun lads do the damage shooting them from gateways all year around.many a LAMPED

any wanker of dog could catch one switch ur lamp of an wise up

Posted Images

ill second that!

my old girl is a collie whippet x greyhound whippet she is now 15 years old and has served me well as a lamper the odd hare ,the odd fox, ferreting and a gundog that will still retrieve from the other side of our local river (drain).she is also deaf as a post but retreives and takes commands from hand signal.my opinion the ideal all rounder.

EXCELLENT DOGS.

DSC00816.jpg

Edited by banjo14

hares in the lamp ffs :thumbdown:

Why not???? A hare in a big open field on the lamp against a lamping dog as the same chance off getting always when getting chased by a coursing dog during the day and are fare game in my eyes.

Dont understand why the hare has all this rules no lamp ,no snow,one dog, but its ok to lamp rabbits and fox and deer????

Its ok to put needs over rabbit holes and putting ferret in and dogs out side where the chance off it getting away.

Same goes for a fox in a dead end where is the chance off it getting away????

To much rules for hares in my opinion.

• Like 4

Why not???? A hare in a big open field on the lamp against a lamping dog as the same chance off getting always when getting chased by a coursing dog during the day and are fare game in my eyes.

Dont understand why the hare has all this rules no lamp ,no snow,one dog, but its ok to lamp rabbits and fox and deer????

Its ok to put needs over rabbit holes and putting ferret in and dogs out side where the chance off it getting away.

Edited by lazycunt
  • Like 1

May be in wee small fields fenced off but not in big open fields its more likely the hare will just out run a lamping dog.

May be in wee small fields fenced off but not in big open fields its more likely the hare will just out run a lamping dog.

theirs plenty of wee lamping dogs capable of killing a day time hare and at night as im sure you no hares are thick as f**k big open field or not

theirs plenty of wee lamping dogs capable of killing a day time hare and at night as im sure you no hares are thick as f**k big open field or not

And fox deer rabbit are not????At the end off the day the hare gets preyed on and knows where its escape route is either day or night.

Off course there is lots off lamping dogs that can kill a day time hare l know that l have them but don't think a hare is that easy on the lamp there not but l know and wee all know that a hare during the day is a different animal then at night on the lamp but so is rabbit deer fox so why don't they get all the rules a hare does????

• Like 1