THE DOG OR THE MAN

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

think a wise man will know when to say thats enough !! beyong a certain point andthe dog will be busted especially unfit ones that stay in the kennell all week and go out once a week , and are expe

if its sh*t its sh*t .........keep it real fellas

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear, but you can make a very serviceable wallet! Not every dog has the makings of a world beater, but the 'also rans' will be good enough for most people who

i have come across lads with dogs 12 or 13 months old saying that their dogs are no good and that they can only take about 9 or 10 turns out of a hare now who is the w**ker there the owner or the dog

If you dont know if a dog is any good by 13 months old then I'd say you aint no dog man......not my kinda dog man.

I need to edit this to say that of course nobody can know if a dog is any good by that age but they damn sure can tell if its a shit eater by then.

Classify a good dog man or a good dogs. Some men good with bringing on coursing dogs some good rabbit dogs not many masters of both. As goes for lurcher's some absolutely belting rabbiting dogs won't make the cut on the coursing land so I would say the good men are those with the right breed of dog for the job they are doing. in my opinion there are rarely poor dogs generally poor training but as we all no we are all guilty of poor trainig at some point.

So to conclude right breed and bloke with brains to do his job there. Shouldnt then be poor or broken dogs.

So to conclude right breed and bloke with brains to do his job there. Shouldnt then be poor or broken dogs.

If only that were true. Facts are only about 10% of all pups born every year make it and thats me being nice about it.

i have come across lads with dogs 12 or 13 months old saying that their dogs are no good and that they can only take about 9 or 10 turns out of a hare now who is the w**ker there the owner or the dog

If you dont know if a dog is any good by 13 months old then I'd say you aint no dog man......not my kinda dog man.

I need to edit this to say that of course nobody can know if a dog is any good by that age but they damn sure can tell if its a shit eater by then.

you could tell if a dog is gonna be any good by that age but dont expect a sapling to work a winter hare like an adult dog and 9 or 10 turns from a hare is not a bad run for a young dog but running dogs of that age on brown or irish hares is the reason that there are so many burnt out dogs out there.between 16 to 18 months is about the right age to start a dog on hares rabbits are a different story they wont take a young dog on a 5 minute run .10 or 11 months is the time to start them on rabbits with just light work but dont expect a dog to be in it's prime until it's at least 2 years old and some dogs even older .entering dogs too young weather they are lurchers or terriers has been the down fall of many a dog so putting time into a dog and knowing what to expect from it is what makes a good dog man not going through loads of dogs until you come across a good one thats just expecting someone else to but time and effort into them

you could tell if a dog is gonna be any good by that age but dont expect a sapling to work a winter hare like an adult dog and 9 or 10 turns from a hare is not a bad run for a young dog but running dogs of that age on brown or irish hares is the reason that there are so many burnt out dogs out there.between 16 to 18 months is about the right age to start a dog on hares rabbits are a different story they wont take a young dog on a 5 minute run .10 or 11 months is the time to start them on rabbits with just light work but dont expect a dog to be in it's prime until it's at least 2 years old and some dogs even older .entering dogs too young weather they are lurchers or terriers has been the down fall of many a dog so putting time into a dog and knowing what to expect from it is what makes a good dog man not going through loads of dogs until you come across a good one thats just expecting someone else to but time and effort into them

:thumbs: I agree 100%!

:thumbs: I agree 100%!

:thumbs::thumbs:

ALRIGHT GUYS

IVE NOT READ EVERYONE,S COMMENTS,BUT IVE SEEN A LOT OF FAIR/GOOD DOGS RUINED IN PET/TWICE A MONTH HOMES.

ONLY THING THAT HOMES LIKE THIS MAKE IS KEEN UNFIT DOGS.

IF THE DOG,S IN QUESTION ARN,T REGUARLY EXERCISED OR WORKED THEY END UP BEING MAD KILLER,S OR LIFTED BY THE RSPCA.

GOT A COUPLE BACK OVER THE YRS IVE BRED AND THEYVE TURNED OUT AMAZING.

MAYBE BECAUSE THEYVE NOT BEEN INTRODUCED TO HUNTING EARLY .

IVE GOT THEM BACK 20MTHS TO 30MTHS KENNELED THEM UP AND LET THEM WATCH FOR A WHILE.

THEN WHEN THE TIMES RIGHT SLIPPED THEM IN.

IM ONLY TALKING 2/3 DOGS IN 25YRS BUT GUYS WHO IVE GIVEN THESE DOGS TOO HAVE KEPT TOO OLD AGE,APART FROM ONE,WHO PUT ONE TOO SLEEP CAUSE HE DIDNT WANT ANYONE TO HAVE IT,CAUSE IT WAS A TOOL.

SO IS IT DOG OR MAN.

BAD DOGS CAN BE MADE BETTER IN THE RIGHT HANDS.

GOOD DOGS ARE GREAT DOGS.IN THE RIGHT HANDS

GREAT DOGS ARE GREAT .

THEYRE BORN.

this is a topic which is me at the moment got a very well bred bitch that is 18 months old add her two weeks now. ive done more in the two weeks then what the so called dog men done with her in the 14 months they add her. be nice to turn the dog a round and make em it eat there words. now bear in mind if i didnt think the bitch ad it in her i wouldnt of wasted the wormers down her kneck .