My FEO isn't in til the morning, so I thought i'd throw this question out:

I hold an open FAC.

Having recently contracted a clay pigeon shooting infection / bug at a country fair at the weekend, I want to get a 12G. :D

Do I simply fill out a variation for my FAC or do I have to do a full application?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Urban Fox Control London

I hold an open FAC.

Having recently contracted a clay pigeon shooting infection / bug at a country fair at the weekend, I want to get a 12G. :D

Do I simply fill out a variation for my FAC or do I have to do a full application?

Thanks in advance.

Might cost a little more but I would get a shotgun licence no variation required then if you want to buy more/change shotguns and as you have a fac already a shotty licence is guaranteed :thumbs:

Edited by danw

I hold an open FAC.

Thanks in advance.

Might cost a little more but I would get a shotgun licence no variation required then if you want to buy more/change shotguns and as you have a fac already a shotty licence is guaranteed :thumbs:

Agree ;)

I hold an open FAC.

Thanks in advance.

Right Buddy; It doesn't matter whether your FAC is open, closed or folded.

You need a Shotgun Certificate if you want to aquire a shotgun.

Most folks start out with an SGC then move on to an FAC hence the 'grey' area in the other posts!

Get the form fill it in etc etc

AndyF

I'm not sure that sentence makes sense. Lets recap,

Most Shotguns, upto and including 3 shot Semi-Automatics need a Shotgun Certificate - which is much easier to get than a firearms certificate, no requirement to prove a need.

Shotguns with a capacity of more than 3 shots are classed as firearms so need a Firearms Certificate, and you have to need one.

Halam