After photos of longnets for website

that picture could pass as a brittany BUT i would hazard a guess it isnt pure as in the true continental breeding ... however the most common and best working of the spaniels is missing off the page the ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL .... you have always had to have permission off the land owner before you could hunt ANYTHING on his land so that hasnt changed ... if you want some pictures for your website then feel free to trawl through my hunting posts and take what pics you need

Thanks for the reply Socks, it was more helpful then I was expecting. Firstly I would like to say that the site isnt written for people like yourself. It is written for people who dont really know and I cant use terms that might be unfamiliar and it has to be a certain tone not to lead them away.

The new animal hunting laws do affect hunting rabbit, as you are now need permission from the landowner. Yet again, keep in mind that line was written for people who dont know.

I disagree that my article does not describe coursing, here is a Wikipedia page en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coursing . But i would like to thank you for correcting me about Whippets, I meant grey hounds and Ill change this in a few moments.

The picture youre talking about is a Brittany spaniel and it is used as a retriever, if you believe its another breed please let me know. And I really do appreciate your post.

Comache I would have found your post a much more helpful read if it wasnt packed with such a belittling tone. I would like to thank you for pointing out that Romans didnt introduce hares, but by introduced I did in fact mean the farming of hares. I just didnt want to get into the detail of how hares were held in religious beliefs by the colts. I will fix this mistake in just a couple of moments so it is less ambiguous (or just plain misleading).

Here is a link to information about the silken windhound en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silken_Windhound, its an America racing dog.

Here is a link to the Stephens cur

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephens_Cur, its also an America dog, used for small game

I would like to say that I am trying to build the best website possible, if anyone spots anything they feel is wrong please let me know. Im not trying to trick or anger anyone.

How to hunt.Appologies if you took my comments to heart. I was'nt out to belittle but the presentation and your photo requests just smacks so much of the journalists or students who do a bit of googling and feel qualified to write essays on a subject that demands deeper understanding.

To be honest there are a lot more little creases that ruin the bedmaking than just those that have been mentioned.

I did'nt doubt the existance of the Windhound or Stephens(a quick google would tell me more than I'll ever need to know about them ) but just how relevent are they to a list of rabbit hunting dogs when the site seems to be geared to the UK judging by the legal advice given .

You say the site is geared to folk with little knowledge of the subject . That is one of the problems . In its present form the site does'nt -to my mind at least-stand -up as an accurate enough reference or depiction of rabbiting to be used for educational purposes.

Go steady on the hare thing! . I'm not aware of any written records that indicate the Romans ever farmed hares in Britain though various works indicate they certainly did so in Italy.

None of us know everything or ever will(oh Lord how I know that :icon_redface: !) no matter how much we read about hunting or hunt for real and there is no shame in that.

Wanting to have a good website is a fine goal. :thumbs:

Edited by comanche

Thanks for the reply Socks, it was more helpful then I was expecting. Firstly I would like to say that the site isn’t written for people like yourself. It is written for people who don’t really know and I cant use terms that might be unfamiliar and it has to be a certain tone not to lead them away.

The new animal hunting laws do affect hunting rabbit, as you are now need permission from the landowner. Yet again, keep in mind that line was written for people who don’t know.

I disagree that my article does not describe coursing, here is a Wikipedia page en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coursing . But i would like to thank you for correcting me about Whippets, I meant grey hounds and I’ll change this in a few moments.

The picture you’re talking about is a Brittany spaniel and it is used as a retriever, if you believe it’s another breed please let me know. And I really do appreciate your post.

Comache I would have found your post a much more helpful read if it wasn’t packed with such a belittling tone. I would like to thank you for pointing out that Romans didn’t introduce hares, but by introduced I did in fact mean the farming of hares. I just didn’t want to get into the detail of how hares were held in religious beliefs by the colts. I will fix this mistake in just a couple of moments so it is less ambiguous (or just plain misleading).

Here is a link to information about the silken windhound en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silken_Windhound, its an America racing dog.

Here is a link to the Stephens cur

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephens_Cur, its also an America dog, used for small game

I would like to say that I am trying to build the best website possible, if anyone spots anything they feel is wrong please let me know. Im not trying to trick or anger anyone.

How to hunt.Appologies if you took my comments to heart. I was'nt out to belittle but the presentation and your photo requests just smacks so much of the journalists or students who do a bit of googling and feel qualified to write essays on a subject that demands deeper understanding.

To be honest there are a lot more little creases that ruin the bedmaking than just those that have been mentioned.

I did'nt doubt the existance of the Windhound or Stephens(a quick google would tell me more than I'll ever need to know about them ) but just how relevent are they to a list of rabbit hunting dogs when the site seems to be geared to the UK judging by the legal advice given .

You say the site is geared to folk with little knowledge of the subject . That is one of the problems . In its present form the site does'nt -to my mind at least-stand -up as an accurate enough reference or depiction of rabbiting to be used for educational purposes.

Go steady on the hare thing! . I'm not aware of any written records that indicate the Romans ever farmed hares in Britain though various works indicate they certainly did so in Italy.

None of us know everything or ever will(oh Lord how I know that :icon_redface: !) no matter how much we read about hunting or hunt for real and there is no shame in that.

I think your site needs some sort of "relevence filter" run through it and a bit of tweaking.It certainly looks good. You've stuck your neck out by starting the project. Don't let a bit of criticism from someone like me who thinks the World Wide Web is something with a big spider in the middle put you off!.

Wanting to have a good website is a fine goal. :thumbs:

post-13773-0-60451000-1305748065_thumb.jpg You can use this if its any good but no editing it tto put funny heads on the dog !

Edited by comanche

Thanks Comanche and sorry for misreading your post. I see your point about the some-what obscure dog breeds but that page was about dog breeds in genral, its a google based thing idea.:wallbash: And your right farming hares isnt right, hunting and eating is what i ment... i'll just remove that bit or it will haunt my dreams. The next few stages of my site is to review my own content (mostly for typos) and to open the floor to user-created submissions,to help fill holes in my own knowleadge and make things more fun.

as for that photo...

dogatnet.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by how-to-hunt-rabbit
  • 2 weeks later...

i dont see the need of a site for how to hunt a rabbit i dont think people get up one morning and think ,i think ill hunt a rabbit today ,its normally skills passed down or around from boys/girls that have it in their family or friends . I surpose if someone did think this then it would be usefull .If i could make sites as good as you id be makeing money with it not doing this but 10 out of 10 for the site its self :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Ah the joys of paint...

I have been on your site how to hunt rabbits and my six year old daughter knows more about the sport then you do under your falconry section you say knowledge is power if I was you I'd take that on board and get rid of your web site at least until you do get more knowledge. :

You also say how to get rid of rabbits using home made products such as vodka garlic mints vinegar tobasco fizzy drinks and raw eggs . Rabbits are attracted to plants vegetable gardens and plots I don't think you would after worry about the rabbits has this mixture of products would kill all plants and vegetables any way and would probably attest other vermin .this is a bold comment to have on your web site and I should imagine there is going to be quite a few unhappy people out ther after with dead veg and plants after trying your method I would read and test everything your self before saying it works .

If you think my site is missleading or wrong in any way please tell me, its not my aim to fool or trick anyone. I thank you for your comment on my homemade repellet page but I also disagree. If used in sensible amounts none of the mixtures I have listed will damage plants. It is true that some may attract ants or other insects I guess. I’ll update that page to warn people about the possible side affects later.

Sorry if it seems like I'm ripping your site to bits I'm not it's just readers of your site might read the information and run with it then when plants and veg die will want some one to blame just sayin watch how you word things ur you could be putting your self in the firing line just for trying to help people. ALB with your site.

Ah the joys of paint...

I have been on your site how to hunt rabbits and my six year old daughter knows more about the sport then you do under your falconry section you say knowledge is power if I was you I'd take that on board and get rid of your web site at least until you do get more knowledge. :

FFS give the lad a break man , just give him advice ....jesus :no:

• Like 2

Ah the joys of paint...

FFS give the lad a break man , just give him advice ....jesus :no:

Dont worry my mate you need thick skin to do things on the internet :thumbs: