what kind of gundog

Spaniel every time.

I cant really see the point in a pointer on anything but the grouse moors, big stubbles and deer stalking. I very much doubt you have access to walked up grouse, if there are partridge on stubbles someone will be planning to shoot them anmd wont be very happy you are.

The clue was in the question FLUSHING. A spaniel flushed, a pointer points and will never hit cover like a spaniel and also be hard (or defying the point of a pointer) to keep close enough for a shot

Just my opinion but a pointer is something people have to be a bit different, people who just want to get on with it have spaniels

well lads been shooting for a while now was thinking of getting a gundog for flushing and retriveing, im stuck between a german pointer or a springer wondering can i get some advice lads thanks :notworthy:

Well only you will know what type of cover your dog will be working so if it's thick dense cover then I would go for a spaniel of some kind. If it's not so thick cover I would go for s lab, great to train and if trained correctly you won't lose much game.

For rough shooting you won't go far wrong with a springer. They hit cover, flush & will retrieve

I've got a young lab, 12 month sprocker & a 2yr old springer, and the springer just makes the lab look silly when the cover is thick & dense and he hits it hard.

Saying that though, the lab is steadier and easier to control when picking up.

Spaniel every time.

I cant really see the point in a pointer on anything but the grouse moors, big stubbles and deer stalking. I very much doubt you have access to walked up grouse, if there are partridge on stubbles someone will be planning to shoot them anmd wont be very happy you are.

The clue was in the question FLUSHING. A spaniel flushed, a pointer points and will never hit cover like a spaniel and also be hard (or defying the point of a pointer) to keep close enough for a shot

Just my opinion but a pointer is something people have to be a bit different, people who just want to get on with it have spaniels

:thumbs::notworthy: