whats the best hunting dog?

Hi everyone, iv been thinking about getting a cocker spaniel. But i keep thinking about getting a dog to catch rabbits, what dog would be best for this? please help im in limbo land on which dog to get. thanks

Got to be the African hunting Dog ! Although the Indian Whistling dogs not bad . :whistling:

If it needs to catch rabbits. Then some type of lurcher would be your pick. I've got one coming, and am curious to see how versatile they can be. But, for best over all hunting dogs?

Drahthaars, hands down.

ATB

Top dogs german wire haired pointers, the best

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone, iv been thinking about getting a cocker spaniel. But i keep thinking about getting a dog to catch rabbits, what dog would be best for this? please help im in limbo land on which dog to get. thanks

Got to be the African hunting Dog ! Although the Indian Whistling dogs not bad . :whistling:

ha ha ha ! lol ! :laugh:

It really depends on what you want the dog to do.

I currently have two springers because they suit my needs at the moment but I have had terriers and lurchers in the past.

Looking back ( maybe misty eyed) a dog I had which was a Whippet x Labrador mother crossed with an Airedale x Greyhound father was a brilliant fun dog. He would enter cover like a spaniel, flush woodcock, catch rabbits in the lamp and hated foxes with a vengeance. He would wait patiently while I dug down to the terrier facing a fox and then need I say more except I had to get out of the way quick! If I could reincarnate him I would have him even now.