Guest Ditch_Shitter

Jack; Far be it for me to say this but, for once; Go to a bloody Vet's!

And, while ye there, make sure the vaccine comes out of a 'fridge. (Ye might also like to swat up on the various types of vaccine available too, and enquire which they're about to pump into ye Dog).

That said; Get just the initial and secondary jabs. I personally leave the first till the pup's fifteen weeks old. Feel free to tell them to stick their Bordatella jabs up their arse and, while you're about it, ye'd may as well tell them to shove their 'Annual Booster Reminder' cards up there too.

If they suggest sexual mutilation of ye pup? My own response has always been; " Good idea that, is it? Ok. Let's start with you and ye f*cking children then! " I find a note is usually added to my file and the subject never raised again.

But the first two jabs? Why throw it all up in the air with some character on a forum, just to save a tenner and risk ye pups life?

Jack; Far be it for me to say this but, for once; Go to a bloody Vet's!

And, while ye there, make sure the vaccine comes out of a 'fridge. (Ye might also like to swat up on the various types of vaccine available too, and enquire which they're about to pump into ye Dog).

That said; Get just the initial and secondary jabs. I personally leave the first till the pup's fifteen weeks old. Feel free to tell them to stick their Bordatella jabs up their arse and, while you're about it, ye'd may as well tell them to shove their 'Annual Booster Reminder' cards up there too.

If they suggest sexual mutilation of ye pup? My own response has always been; " Good idea that, is it? Ok. Let's start with you and ye f*cking children then! " I find a note is usually added to my file and the subject never raised again.

But the first two jabs? Why throw it all up in the air with some character on a forum, just to save a tenner and risk ye pups life?

:clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

Spot On DS

i have talked to vet's about jab's and asked the question.

does jabbing the dog actually benefit the dog in any way as in making it less prone to desease.

and the answer i got back of a few vet's was it' doesent.

dog's who have been jabbed can still get desease and die so why jab the dog's.

new owners picked a pup off me yesterday and they had already registered at the vets about vaccines

quote from the vet "we will microchip it when you bring it in for neutering"they where astounded although the dog was going as a pet they had no intention of mutilating it ,and asked me if they had to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!unbelievable :angry:

new owners picked a pup off me yesterday and they had already registered at the vets about vaccines

quote from the vet "we will microchip it when you bring it in for neutering"they where astounded although the dog was going as a pet they had no intention of mutilating it ,and asked me if they had to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!unbelievable :angry:

bloody hell!

the vets i use are bloody good, not too pricey, and they are very realistic about things. the last litter of russells we had, one of the pups all of a sudden got really ill, we took it down, they asked us if it was a pet, we said no, they asked if it was to be sold, and how much for. mum said bout 70 quid, the vet said ok, checked it over, gave it antibiotics, had it back in in 2 days time. later it died so we gave it to the vet to post mortem so if another one ever came in with similar symptoms they'd have a better idea what it was. turned out it had pulmonary pneumonia. how much did they charge for all that? £12.50.

i have my boy jabbed, and he will have his boosters, as there was a bad outbreak of parvo not far from where i am. leptospirosis is the most important jab to keep up with, IMO, and the one my vets use is good for about 3 years.. my dad only ever jabbed the dogs we took out, and they only ever got their puppy shots. rest of the dogs never see other dogs, never been jabbed, and we've never had problems.

Guest Ditch_Shitter
leptospirosis is the most important jab to keep up with, IMO, and the one my vets use is good for about 3 years.

Please provide the details of this miracle your vet's kept from the rest of the profession, Ossie. I'd like to check it out. Thanks.

Only last I heard ~ about two months ago ~ the only known Lepto jabs were good for just Three months (I wonder if ye misheard him?) and they only cover TWO of over One Hundred strains of Leptospirosis out there.

Certainly a false sense of security, if not another totally false ecomomy.

Incidentally, the cat's been out of the bag for a few years now; With the modern drugs used for the initial vaccinations, no ammount of 'Boostering' does jack shit more for a Dog. America admitted it first. Now it's becoming increasingly common knowledge. That's why they're now trying to sell us Kennel Cough (Bordatella) jabs. They need to keep up the payments on their nice motors somehow.

Ditch have i got this right , after the series of jabs a pup gets that an annual booster is not needed for further protection ? :)

:hmm: Well can you remember having to have a booster for whatever was on the sugar cube at school :hmm: , neither can i.

I don't want to tempt fate but so far a dog i have, which has only had it's initial jabs at a Vets, is still alive, it was alive this morning when out working and i've just looked out now and it's still moving now.9 years after that first jab and a fair few foxes later, plus the odd rat or two.

Now what i want to know is this,..........if there is a Jab for hound breath, and can i get one for the misses :sick: