wood burners

The cattleman at my work got one fitted in his cottage and says its the best thing since sliced bread. Was sitting in winter in shorts and tshirt with the windows open that was his only bad point bout it. SO, ive got my boss fitting one into the cottage im moving into think its costing £1800, but a dont have to pay a penny :thumbs:

Billy

The cattleman at my work got one fitted in his cottage and says its the best thing since sliced bread. Was sitting in winter in shorts and tshirt with the windows open that was his only bad point bout it. SO, ive got my boss fitting one into the cottage im moving into think its costing £1800, but a dont have to pay a penny :thumbs:

Billy

thanks for reply and did cattleman run rads and hot water off it

I've oil central heating but this year I bought a 2nd hand "Villager" wood burner for £200 to replace our "Queenie" log burner that was in our fire place. The Queenie" worked well but it was too small for the job.

The 1st night I lit the new one it threw so much heat out it was shuttin the rads down!!!!! :laugh: I've got a flue damper set up on this so it's easier to control and it works a treat. This does not have a boiler but I'm so impressed that I'm toyin with the idea of upgradin to one that does, BUT they do eat wood!!!! :laugh: so you need to sort out a supplier.....................or move next door to a forest :whistling::laugh:

The way things are tho I think wood will be cheaper to burn than oil, but get in there 1st before everybody changes fuel and the cost of wood will rocket :thumbs: I nearly forgot, if you only burn wood, there's very little ash, so much less work than multi fuel :thumbs:

Mine does the hot water and rads, it will do a full cistern of water in around an hour, enough to fill the bath. Once the tank is hot it then warms the rads. Under its own steam it will comfortably do 4-5 good size radiators. We have to use a pump to get the down stairs radiators to get warm.

It isnt as efficient as gas ch, but it does us and the wood costs me feck all.

One thing to add, if you run off the hot water the rads will cool untill the tank gets up to temp. No fire no hot water

Mine is quiet an old system, i dare say if you lash some brass you could do well.

:thumbs:

ive had a multi burner for 2 winters now and i wouldnt be without 1 now , it doesnt run rads or heat water as it would off been a bigger job and it does what i need , 1 thing i will say is if you get a "wood burner" you can only burn wood , with a "multi burner" it gives you an option wood /coal ect :thumbs:

got a "berkshire" 8 kw multifuel burner,you can burn anything on it,but i prefer coal as it lasts longer..best thing i ever bought..its lovely in the winter with the central heating on low and the burner flickering away :thumbs: bliss !

Edited by diggory

can you just run rads on a wood burner and not the water

yes you can mate! but you might need a good plumber! Mines going to run mine in tandom with a combi boiler for the rads! and my dads got one that runs a 6 bed bugalow but its a monster will have enough water for a bath in 25-30 mins from cold