dead wood !

well this is why there not any good dogs about anymore .people need 2 get some balls and say 2 your self it anit no good so its got 2 go end of keeping dogs till there old even tho they are jackers core i dont no come on lads lol

You are entitled to your opinion,personally I would say the standard of dogs is still pretty high.

I don't think the original thread mentioned Jackers, he asked if it was good dog do you keep it ,? If it was an average dog do you get rid of it?

How does keeping a dog after its working life is finished ,mean that you have no balls? A dog that has worked its best for you ,until old age set in ,and it couldnt do it any more is entitled to a warm bed ,and some quality of life in its old age ,thats how I see it.

If that makes you laugh ,perhaps you have a unique sense of humour?

Iv got a lame bitch that wont come right and a terreir with a heart the size of a pea taking kennels up at the minit. in a way its easy to keep them were they are, but one way or another something that can do there jobs will take there kennels next year.

its sad they are now surplisse but too many people humanise dogs there main function is to carry out a job " for you ".

Then do the right thing and take them to a vets.

Don't pass them on.

they wont be going to a strange place handled by a stranger then get a neddle pushed in them, I couldnt think of a worse end for a dog :thumbdown: , nice walk for an unknown final hunting trip in the woods best way for any lurcher or terreir.

Oh to be that Macho

you can pick them up and keep them as pets for the next 10 years if you want to.

that's why there's so many lookin for homes.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand what your saying But if this animal in question has put its back out, gave all it had Everytime you were out then it deserves to be with you until its not anymore in my opinion

The way l look at it you have had your dog or bitch from 8 weeks old it as giving you some off the best days you can remember in your life. They always give you something to talk about good or bad an

last trip to the vets doesnt have to be stressfull if the dogs a worker itl be used to being in the back of the pickup just ring the vet and ask them to come out to the jeep and jab the dog there and

I agree taking any animal to the vets to be pts is a bad way to go, they know its coming, rather a nice walk in the field... but in my opinion if you have a pup and you give it a season or two and its not doing what you wanted i.e. a fox dog not doing fox then it should be neutered and rehomed not bred from. If this isn't possible then a walk in a field is a nice way to end it and there won't be any useless pups bred from it that could have had the same fate or worse thumbdown.gif At the end of the day good mating should solve this meaning more pups will stand a chance of becoming better than average dogs, but there's always going to be idiots about

• Like 2

well this is why there not any good dogs about anymore .people need 2 get some balls and say 2 your self it anit no good so its got 2 go end of keeping dogs till there old even tho they are jackers core i dont no come on lads lol

You are entitled to your opinion,personally I would say the standard of dogs is still pretty high.

I don't think the original thread mentioned Jackers, he asked if it was good dog do you keep it ,? If it was an average dog do you get rid of it?

How does keeping a dog after its working life is finished ,mean that you have no balls? A dog that has worked its best for you ,until old age set in ,and it couldnt do it any more is entitled to a warm bed ,and some quality of life in its old age ,thats how I see it.

Iv got a lame bitch that wont come right and a terreir with a heart the size of a pea taking kennels up at the minit. in a way its easy to keep them were they are, but one way or another something that can do there jobs will take there kennels next year.

its sad they are now surplisse but too many people humanise dogs there main function is to carry out a job " for you ".

Don't pass them on.

they wont be going to a strange place handled by a stranger then get a neddle pushed in them, I couldnt think of a worse end for a dog :thumbdown: , nice walk for an unknown final hunting trip in the woods best way for any lurcher or terreir.

Oh to be that Macho

you can pick them up and keep them as pets for the next 10 years if you want to.

that's why there's so many lookin for homes.

you are a fool.

I bet your setting in doors stoned on dope by your silly pics next to your name.

I agree taking any animal to the vets to be pts is a bad way to go, they know its coming, rather a nice walk in the field... but in my opinion if you have a pup and you give it a season or two and its not doing what you wanted i.e. a fox dog not doing fox then it should be neutered and rehomed not bred from. If this isn't possible then a walk in a field is a nice way to end it and there won't be any useless pups bred from it that could have had the same fate or worse thumbdown.gif At the end of the day good mating should solve this meaning more pups will stand a chance of becoming better than average dogs, but there's always going to be idiots about

:thumbs:

TBH if the dog has worked its arse off for me then i will keep its till the day it has to go! as for PTS i think the last walk is a far better way to go, than some halfwit vet who only half killed my last dog and had to do it again!

Thats what i think end off lads!

bollocks! do your homework and style your dog to suit your needs you messers :thumbdown:

So taking old faithfull for a walk in the field,then him looking up the barrel of a gun is better?Quick jab without the blood and snot and he just falls asleep in your hands

in my eyes if it was a real good dog your keep it till it died but if it was a average do ya get rid of it when its past its sellbuy date ?

thats the way to be Im affraid, A bad or retierd dog takes as much room and food as a good one, if you look on them as a pet thats diffrent all together.

I understand what your saying But if this animal in question has put its back out, gave all it had Everytime you were out then it deserves to be with you until its not anymore in my opinion :thumbs:

.A lot of the same people are alway shouting respect your quarry.Dont work out of season.But if your dog gets older and a bit slow.Put it to sleep.hypocrisy at it best.:censored:

• Like 1

bollocks! do your homework and style your dog to suit your needs you messers :thumbdown:

see you just posted on the wrong topic, GET BACK TO YOUR SPLIFF and stop chatting bo*lox.

Don't pass them on.

If you are good enough shot and you could do that, then go for it. I know I couldn't.

But don't pass the dog on. Already too many being killed in pounds on a daily basis with out adding to that problem IMO.

So taking old faithfull for a walk in the field,then him looking up the barrel of a gun is better?Quick jab without the blood and snot and he just falls asleep in your hands

thats your oppinion and your entitled to that.

I prefur my own methods why would you let your dog look at the barrel? wait till it pricks its ears or throw it a treat. if anything needs to die it deserves to die well quicklie and out the blue, an end its liklie most of us as humans wont have ourselves sadlie.

Surely you'll always get a bit of wastage from a litter, just ask the greyhound men. yes best to best is going to improve your chances but some dogs will never make the grade. If you had one kennel space and you had a dog a few seasons and it wasnt doing what you required of it what would you do? keep it for a possible 10 years until it died and not work any dog? or would you try and find a suitable home and if it couldnt be found get the dog pts and start a fresh with a new pup thats should do the business. If you truely do like working dogs and the sport which comes from it i dont think you could wait another 10 years to run a dog again. But people have different ways of thinking about these things, just opinions..

see you just posted on the wrong topic, GET BACK TO YOUR SPLIFF and stop chatting bo*lox.

raw nerve?

How can you spend say a decade of your life knocking about with an animal and having lots of good times, even if no great ones, and not form a strong enough bond, to be able to just get shot of it?