I've just bought a .17hmr with a smk, for some bunny knocking, but unsure what would be the best sights to put on top. there's that many, dealers always try to lift sights out twice the price off the rifle, any ideas up to and around £0-£250 range.

Good rifle :clapper: Love mine to bits.

Go for the best quality you can afford mate... a top-end second hand scope was my original plan (leupold 4-20 vari III) for £300 but it fell through and i ended up with a bloody AGS 4-16 ''swat'' (yeah right :laugh: flys maybe) ... does the job but recticule thickness is quite fat on full mag at long range. Opimax 4-16 / 4-20 are pretty good but i know what you mean... almost too much choice.

This link is ok: http://www.shooters-uk.co.uk/optics.htm

Best of luch choosing. :victory:

• 2 weeks later...

try optics warehouse, got a hawke 10-40 x 50 target scope from their end of range for around 150. works well with my 22 rimmy knocks bunnies over at 90 yards all day can manage 120 yards with high velocity but the noise spooks the bunnies too much. power aint nothing without accuracy.

The reason dealers try to sell you a sight at twice the price of a rimfire, is because to shoot at 100 -150 yards, an airgun scope like most of the cheapies, wont cut the mustard buddy. You cant hit it, if you cant see it properly, and the cheaper scopes are fine at airgun ranges, but fail when the range gets extended somewhat.The most "reasonable " quality scopes around are the american "weaver " brand, excellent firearms quality optics.