Air arms s410 trigger sear

A shooting buddy of mine has just had his s410 overhauled by air arms. One of the items they changed was a previously purchased (from AA) trigger with safety.

Now the problem is the feckin thing rattles like a half empty box of tick tacks.

I am sure i have heard somewhere on the grapevine that there should be a 3rd sear within the trigger unit to cure this??

If this is the case i am a little puzzled as to by the tech guy at AA failed to mention this.

Proper replys only please i need facts not hearsay, come on buster my special fairy, where are you when i need you ;)

A shooting buddy of mine has just had his s410 overhauled by air arms. One of the items they changed was a previously purchased (from AA) trigger with safety.

Now the problem is the feckin thing rattles like a half empty box of tick tacks.

I am sure i have heard somewhere on the grapevine that there should be a 3rd sear within the trigger unit to cure this??

If this is the case i am a little puzzled as to by the tech guy at AA failed to mention this.

Proper replys only please i need facts not hearsay, come on buster my special fairy, where are you when i need you ;)

hi moxy

here is a link to some pics

http://www.airarmsownersclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=32389

you may have to register to view them?

regards

Davy

Hello petal :kiss:

The , now standard three sear trigger unit , replaced the two sear unit about 2004 / 2005 . The two sear , seen below -

Seenwashers.jpg

A two stage trigger mechanism means that as the trigger is pulled through both the first and second stages, the bottom sear is gradually and progressively disengaging with the top sear. When the sears are completely dis-engaged, the hammer is released - and the rifle fires.

This true two-stage trigger unit is fitted to many Air Arms PCP rifles and springers. Adjustment of both the first and second stages is possible, and trigger weight can be varied also.

The balance of the stages is easily upset by mal-adjustment - the most common problem being a lack of first stage resistance, giving a “sloppy” trigger. With a 2-stage trigger unit (when it has been correctly adjusted), if the trigger is released at any stage before firing, the sears return to their original (i.e. trigger untouched) position of engagement.

Three Sear Trigger

DSCF3253.jpg

The obvious difference being the `third sear` . Now , the triggers are notoriously `loose` on the AA rifles , unless cocked , but some `slack ` can be taken up in adjustment . Also you may see in both pictures , `o` rings or nylon washers . These take up some of the movement of the sears and trigger , giving it a posative response . If you need some , give me a shout buddy , im sure i can dig some out for you :thumbs: .

This is actually the trigger unit from a new 510sl , some difference to the normal three sear , but basically the same.

Capture-30.png

Tuning guide here :thumbs: -

http://www.shootforum.com/forum/s4x0trigger.html

ATB Buddy :kiss:

Edited by Buster321c
  • Like 3