Anyone Seeing Any Cubs ?

Anyone seen any cubs above ground lately?

Was out on the weekend with 2 mates. 1 of then reckoned they saw two youngsters bolt from cover but im not sure.

I did see a fox that came running about 10yards away but i had the rifle and wasnt a safe shot.

Just curious guys and girls.

Not seen any cubs yet but saw a vixen and watched her for a while through the scope the other evening and i could see all her milk teets had been well used when she was rolling on her side and sat down having a scratch. I never shot it before anyone asks as this farmer wants the foxes around as he only has arable on his farm and no livestock.

My bedlington whippet found 4 above ground at the weekend. In very dense brambles. They were only small (about the size of large rabbits). Instinct took over and she sorted them out instantly even though she's never been set on any foxes.

Cubs have been seen above ground in London for the past 2 weeks. (Enquiry lead knowledge).

They are getting to be a fair size.

Some large litters this year.

One enquiry reported 8 cubs on the back lawn with a mangy vixen.

Dog fox has already vacated !!!

i found one dead in the wood the other week looked like it had been hit by a buzzard great hole in the back of its head was size of buck rabbit roughly

Went out the night before last after a few foxes on a very large sheep farm in my village. Spotted a fox about 150yards away, walked up close with rifle and got with about 50yards and shot was taken. .22LR STINGER straight to the hear and the fox dropped in a bundle with no kick or nothing, text book shot. Inspected the fox and there were signs of cubs suckling on her teets.

They wont belong now untile we see them above ground.

Going back tot he same farm to night as fox had taken 2 lambs over night, will let you know how we get on.

Whippeter.