Serious question. :icon_redface:

My pup is 8m and i do a bit of mooching and whenever we're out he gets dirty, naturally. However, every few weeks, his nob appears to get infected, looking pussy and weepy. I've dabbed (please stop laughing :blink: ) it with salt water a couple of times and it then appears to be sorted, only to come back a week or two later. HAs anyone seen something similar? He has been getting frisky recently and tries to hump other dogs as well as the bedmat in his kennel, if i touch or move it. Any ideas?

this is a serious question, despite first impressions. Help appreciated.

Guest busterdog

If it looks like green snot it's normal don't worry about it, i had a friend who took his dog to the vets over the same thing, he ended up paying bill after bill for anibiotics he never needed.

The same friend rung me up worried to death over his dogs cock, he said he thought it had cancer as he's got a lump half way up the shaft lol, again normal.......:icon_redface:

Serious question. :icon_redface:

My pup is 8m and i do a bit of mooching and whenever we're out he gets dirty, naturally. However, every few weeks, his nob appears to get infected, looking pussy and weepy. I've dabbed (please stop laughing :blink: ) it with salt water a couple of times and it then appears to be sorted, only to come back a week or two later. HAs anyone seen something similar? He has been getting frisky recently and tries to hump other dogs as well as the bedmat in his kennel, if i touch or move it. Any ideas?

this is a serious question, despite first impressions. Help appreciated.

That is normal lad for any young dog around that age.it's not infected,just a build up of stuff if you know what i mean.hormones kicking in.

Hi mate,

Just kiss it better.

Sorry mate, but on a serious note, have a wee read up on dogs, healthcare etc, it will save you asking pointless embarassing questions.

cheers Pernod

Why is that question pointless or embarrassing? The question and the answers will educate any novice who reads it as well as the person asking. Don't see the point in having a forum like this if you're made to feel a tit for asking about basic dog healthcare. Be a very shite forum if all you had was pages of 'Show us yer Bull x' threads... :yes::thumbs:

Hi mate,

Just kiss it better.

Sorry mate, but on a serious note, have a wee read up on dogs, healthcare etc, it will save you asking pointless embarassing questions.

cheers Pernod

Why is that question pointless or embarrassing? The question and the answers will educate any novice who reads it as well as the person asking. Don't see the point in having a forum like this if you're made to feel a tit for asking about basic dog healthcare. Be a very shite forum if all you had was pages of 'Show us yer Bull x' threads... :yes::thumbs:

Hi mate i did apologise to the guy for making light of his question.

Of course sites like this are ideal for genuine health and welfare questions. but lets get real a bit of smegma around a dogs knob, lets get real FFS.

Again sorry to anyone i offend, it must be my age.

Cheers pernod.

Of course sites like this are ideal for genuine health and welfare questions. but lets get real a bit of smegma around a dogs knob, lets get real FFS.

Cheers pernod.

:clapper: Suppose so, when you put it like that... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbs:

Cheers pernod.

:clapper: Suppose so, when you put it like that... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbs:

Nae bother mate,

It must be this collie cross pup i've got, its driving me to distraction, making me a bit more critical than usual.

cheers Pernod

Cheers pernod.

Nae bother mate,

It must be this collie cross pup i've got, its driving me to distraction, making me a bit more critical than usual.

cheers Pernod

Cheers pernod.

Nae bother mate,

It must be this collie cross pup i've got, its driving me to distraction, making me a bit more critical than usual. have a bedlington cross he,s ten year old and still has the same problem when the fur grows long around his sheath continuously licking until it,s cut back then it,s ok for a few weeks.

cheers Pernod

Hi mate,

Just kiss it better.

cheers Pernod

I knew there'd be some clown with nothing better to do other than poke fun.

I was asking for help; I thought that that's what the forum is for.

My last dog never had a drippy dick in 14y and seeing as none of my pals' dogs had had it, i thought i'd ask like-minded blokes on the forum. I don't have a 'dogs dicks' manual (maybe some fellers do, whatever floats your boat) and couldn't wait to order a book on Amazon, or read bullshit on Wikipedia.

So cheers for the useful replies the rest of you.

Take a chill pill mate,

Here was me being all apologetic for making light of you and your dogs plight.

Well i retract that now.

Of course forums are here to help and share information.

But as the last two posts I read of yours concerned smegma around a knob and a beg for someone to take you out hunting, I think i know exactly who the clown is.

Yours in sport Pernod

Edited by pernod

I posted this thread in two places on THL and got plenty of helpful posts on both.

I learned that a drippy dick might be due to smeg/hormones and not to worry.

I also learned that it can be a symptom of a water infection, which can become a problem if unresolved.

I did also find out that some folk like taking the piss out of those asking for help. Can't quite understand that one.