forget the fact hes a septic and its pretty good

FECK ME , ........ AIR RIFLE HUNTING MUST HAVE CHANGED .....

ALL I EVER SHOT WAS CORVIDS / RATS AND STUFF TO EAT ......

THIS PRATTS SHOOTING SPARROWS AND STARLINGS AS THOUGH YOU HAVE TO HAVE OODLES OF FIELDCRAFT !!!

AND MAKING VIDS ABOUT IT :blink:

JEEEZ :doh:

DUCKWING

Its America, they are nion-native, he's a pest controller. Get over it. It's like someone saying 'why you trapping mink, they are cute' or why are you shooting ferrals they take no fieldcraft.

bollox to these forums, i post a link to a youtube page and not even that can get passed the abuse. maybe the word hunting wasn't the right word to use but is there really any need to criticise. if you dont like it just hit the back button and move on with your life.

if you check his other videos he does some pretty good bits on technique and setups but i dont suppose they are as easy to criticise, and we all know thats what the people of these forums come on here to really do.

sorry for the rant, but the moaning and piss taking is starting to get out of hand on these forums.

bollox to these forums, i post a link to a youtube page and not even that can get passed the abuse. maybe the word hunting wasn't the right word to use but is there really any need to criticise. if you dont like it just hit the back button and move on with your life.

if you check his other videos he does some pretty good bits on technique and setups but i dont suppose they are as easy to criticise, and we all know thats what the people of these forums come on here to really do.

sorry for the rant, but the moaning and piss taking is starting to get out of hand on these forums.

thought it was great mate...thanks for putting it on... :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

FECK SAKE ...... GET OVER YERSELF :thumbdown:

PEST CONTROL ? ..... CERTAINLY NOT HUNTING ........ MORE LIKE AN EXCUSE TO KILL SOMETHING

IF YOU THINK DIFFENT ALL I CAN SAY IS WE ARE POLES APART .......

A LOT OF THE YONUG LADS I SEE OUT HUNTING TODAY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE QUARRY THEY HUNT .......

AND MORE OFTEN THAN NOT IF BORED ON THE WAY HOME WILL SHOOT ANYTHING IN THEIR PATH FROM BLACKBIRDS TO FREE RANGE HENS :thumbdown: AND THEN KIDS WONDER WHY THE FARMERS WONT GIVE THEM PERMISSION ?

DUCKWING

PEST CONTROL ? ..... CERTAINLY NOT HUNTING ........ MORE LIKE AN EXCUSE TO KILL SOMETHING

A LOT OF THE YONUG LADS I SEE OUT HUNTING TODAY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR THE QUARRY THEY HUNT .......

AND MORE OFTEN THAN NOT IF BORED ON THE WAY HOME WILL SHOOT ANYTHING IN THEIR PATH FROM BLACKBIRDS TO FREE RANGE HENS :thumbdown: AND THEN KIDS WONDER WHY THE FARMERS WONT GIVE THEM PERMISSION ?

DUCKWING

I agree with a lot of what you say most of the time, but you do occasionally have an arrogance about you "you have been there, done it all, seen it all, so your opinion must be right, because your from the 'old school'"

In this case, the video is being shot by a pest controller that has been called in to do a job, to remove a large quantity of an invasive bird from an area where they are pushing out the native wildlife.

The kills are all done very cleanly, with great accuracy, and no suffering, and i would say, some skilled shooting.

The gun man obviously has an extensive knowledge of his rifle and ballistics in general and applies it well.

But then you wouldn't do it so it must be wrong.

- and why add a load of bumpf about kids shooting black birds and hens? It's got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the video posted.

As the man said, if it isn't your cup of tea, then don't watch it and don't pass comment.

I'm sure you (as all of us) do something field sports / pest control wise, that someone may take um-bridge with. That's life. :thumbs:

• Like 1

DUCKWING

In this case, the video is being shot by a pest controller that has been called in to do a job, to remove a large quantity of an invasive bird from an area where they are pushing out the native wildlife.

- and why add a load of bumpf about kids shooting black birds and hens? It's got ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the video posted.

As the man said, if it isn't your cup of tea, then don't watch it and don't pass comment.

I'm sure you (as all of us) do something field sports / pest control wise, that someone may take um-bridge with. That's life. :thumbs:

WELL FELLA ,

ITS AS SIMPLE AS THIS .... IF YOU POST ON A BOARD YOU HAVE TO BE OPEN RECIEVING FLACK ........

IF YOUR NOT DONT POST !

DONT WATCH IT AND DONT PASS COMMENT , WHAT TYPE OF CRAP IS THAT ????

WHAT ABOUT THE GREENHORN KIDS THAT HAVE A RIFLE . NO FIELD CRAFT TO SPEAK OF , NO PERMISSION .... BUT A BIRD TABLE AND A FEW LOAFS OF BREAD ?

THINK IT DOESNT HAPPEN ?

THINK IT DOESNT PUT ANOTHER NAIL IN THE AIR RIFLE OWNERSHIP CASES COFFIN ???

THROUGHOUT MY LIFE IVE HEARD MEN SPOUT CRAP AND NO MATTER WHO THEY THINK THEY ARE OR WHO THEY KNOW . IVE TOLD THEM MY VIEWS , NOPE SOME I COULD TALK TO TILL I WAS BLUE IN THE FACE AND THEIR VIEWS WOULDNT CHANGE ...... HEY HO ...... WE ALL CANNOT BE THE SAME

IVE COME TO ACCEPT THAT ,

HOWEVER ,...... IMO ...... A LOT OF KIDS GO ON THESE BOARDS AND SEE CLIPS , READ POSTS WHICH ARE TO BE HONEST " FULL OF BULL " AND THINK THAT IS THE WAY TO BEHAVE ...... WHEN IN REALITY WE WITH A FEW YRS UNDER OUR BELTS ALL KNOW .. ITS FAR FROM IT .....

AND AS SUCH ..... " BIGGING UP " A CLIP FROM AMERICA SHOOTING STARLINGS AND SPARROWS BECAUSE THEY ARE PESTS ??????? :blink: .......

REALLY DOESNT DO THE KIDS ON HERE JUSTICE OR THE AIR RIFLE AS AN EFFECTIVE PEST CONTROL TOOL

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

DUCKWING

WELL FELLA ,

ITS AS SIMPLE AS THIS .... IF YOU POST ON A BOARD YOU HAVE TO BE OPEN RECIEVING FLACK ........

IF YOUR NOT DONT POST !

DONT WATCH IT AND DONT PASS COMMENT , WHAT TYPE OF CRAP IS THAT ????

WHAT ABOUT THE GREENHORN KIDS THAT HAVE A RIFLE . NO FIELD CRAFT TO SPEAK OF , NO PERMISSION .... BUT A BIRD TABLE AND A FEW LOAFS OF BREAD ?

THINK IT DOESNT HAPPEN ?

THINK IT DOESNT PUT ANOTHER NAIL IN THE AIR RIFLE OWNERSHIP CASES COFFIN ???

THROUGHOUT MY LIFE IVE HEARD MEN SPOUT CRAP AND NO MATTER WHO THEY THINK THEY ARE OR WHO THEY KNOW . IVE TOLD THEM MY VIEWS , NOPE SOME I COULD TALK TO TILL I WAS BLUE IN THE FACE AND THEIR VIEWS WOULDNT CHANGE ...... HEY HO ...... WE ALL CANNOT BE THE SAME

IVE COME TO ACCEPT THAT ,

HOWEVER ,...... IMO ...... A LOT OF KIDS GO ON THESE BOARDS AND SEE CLIPS , READ POSTS WHICH ARE TO BE HONEST " FULL OF BULL " AND THINK THAT IS THE WAY TO BEHAVE ...... WHEN IN REALITY WE WITH A FEW YRS UNDER OUR BELTS ALL KNOW .. ITS FAR FROM IT .....

AND AS SUCH ..... " BIGGING UP " A CLIP FROM AMERICA SHOOTING STARLINGS AND SPARROWS BECAUSE THEY ARE PESTS ??????? :blink: .......

REALLY DOESNT DO THE KIDS ON HERE JUSTICE OR THE AIR RIFLE AS AN EFFECTIVE PEST CONTROL TOOL

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Did you actually watch the video through? The guy actually talks knowledgeably and shows the native birds that are being pushed out and them returning etc. I think in this case it pretty much DOES show the air rifle as an effective pest control tool, especially in semi - urban environments when targeting large numbers of a small bird species.

What you said could be said of pretty much any of the activities carried out here and is the nature of an internet forum where people are left to view and read and take what they will / want from it.

Anyway, no point arguing. :thumbs:

VERY TRUE FELLA ,

BUT I DEAL WITH YOUNG KIDS ON A DAILY BASIS FROM DEPRIVED AREAS , THEY SHOW LITTLE RESPECT FOR ANYTHING .... AND I MEAN THAT , FROM THEIR OWN PARENTS TO ANIMALS ...... THEY WATCH OLDER LADS AND THINK THAT " THIS THE WAY YOU DO IT " .......

THEY AINT " BAD TO THE BONE " KIDS ... JUST HAVENT POSITIVE ROLE MODELS IN THEIR LIVES ,

TO SHOW THEM THE RIGHT WAY TO LOOK AFTER THEIR ANIMALS OR HUNT AND KILL THE SAME .....

IVE SPENT HOURS TRYING TO SHOW THE WAY I WAS TAUGHT AND IMPART A LITTLE OF THE HUNTING " ETHOS "

THE SAME AS MY FATHER DID IN THE GYM AND THROUGHOUT HIS LIFE ........

I LIKE TO THINK ITS HELPED A FEW TO BECOME BETTER MEN .......

AND...... PERSONALLY AS IVE ALREADY MENTIONED IN NUMEROUS POSTS ......

I DONT THINK SOME OF THE THREADS AND POSTS ON HERE AND OTHER SITES DO ANYTHING FOR THE HUNTING MANS IMAGE OR GREENHORN STARTING OUT IN THER GAME THAT HAS NO GUIDING INFLUANCE APART FROM THESE BOARDS

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING